Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2018, 02:33 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: California
THOR #11880
Slide out issues

We are on our first trip in our new 2018 Miramar 35.3 and we are having issues with the dining room slide. As we put it out we noticed that the forward section sticks and lags behind and then when we put it back in it hesitates and then the rear section does not go in all the way. When we go in and out with it a few times it comes all the way in. We are concerned when the slide is going out that something is going to break. We are on a cross country trip, far from our dealer, and don't want to have the main slide out broken. The batteries are good, the seat is out of the way, nothing obvious blocking it. Are there any on the road tips or suggestions that could help us with this issue, if so we would appreciate it. We are hoping to not get stuck with a slide that won't close.

Thanks,

2018 Thor Miramar 35.3

paluka44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:47 AM   #2

THOR #8546
Almost the exact same thing happened to me on my 2017 Miramar 35.3. Turned out the factory had incorrectly mounted the motor and one of the rails. It is not pleasant, but possible to continue your trip with the slide in until you can get it checked out. Alternatively, make sure that you are holding the switch down for several seconds AFTER the slide reaches its full in or out position, so the motors synchronize. You might have something dragging, or perhaps the coach isn’t completely level. You shouldn’t run the slides out unless the jacks are down and the coach is completely level. Follow the instructions in the manual to reset any blinking LED alarm annunciations. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your trip..... and the Miramar.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:00 PM   #3

State: Florida
THOR #6451
I had this happen with our 35.3 for a time. It would go out fine but when I would bring it in, it would start coming in fine and then after about a foot, the front would hang and stop. If I then extended it back out and immediately brought it in again, it would come in flush. Whenever I extend or retract the slide, I always hold the button an extra 5 seconds or so when the slide has stopped.

I took the motorhome in to get some warranty stuff done and mentioned the slide behavior. The dealer said they couldn't duplicate the issue and since I have gotten the motorhome back, it hasn't done it since but I have only used it a couple of times.

Burch
Old 07-02-2018, 03:10 PM   #4

Model: Axis 25.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #12170
There is a good video on this thread, post #9, about re-syncing the slide.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4/...lems-7580.html
Old 07-02-2018, 06:27 PM   #5

THOR #11880
Thanks for the tips and we tried holding the button longer and so far good.

2018 Thor Miramar 35.3

paluka44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:43 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860

Here's to hoping that it continues to behave itself for you!

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1530556988
Attached Images

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote