Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2020, 12:26 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34P
State: Alaska
THOR #20432
Slide out leak.

I have water coming into my rig from the lower left corner of my bedroom slide, looking at it from inside. I found it to be a cracked drip pan. Any ideas on how to change this out? Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201026_171623.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	26952

Old 11-05-2020, 10:18 PM   #2

THOR #20432
Nobody wants to reply? I'm new to the forum but I don't bite!
Old 11-05-2020, 11:13 PM   #3

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
My 35sk leaks also on bedroom slide on lower left corner my dip pan is not cracked up I think it is the seals I have a topper on the side just not sure how to remove it so I can replace all seals also maybe put some flex seal rubber roof where trim is installed for extra protection
Old 11-05-2020, 11:24 PM   #4

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Slide out adjustment
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=257353

Hopefully this will get you to where I discussed my similar issue. The problem was on the outside of the slide out.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:32 PM   #5

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 27.1
THOR #17813
Slide out leak

I'm fighting a slide out leak also. I have found the trim on the outside of the slide is not sealed properly as well as the external speakers are not sealed properly and leak. Mine is leaking through the slide rail channel which allows water to come into the bedroom floor.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:16 PM   #6

THOR #20432
To Paul 0138,
Check your drain pan also. It is supposed to catch any water coming down the lip seals and any water flowing along the gear racks toward the camper. It then directs it out, theoretically. Mine is cracked. I was able to get a part number from thor easily. I also had the same problem with the slide trim. It was actually flowing down the outside wall, behind the trim, and into the layers of slide floor. I removed the bottom piece, cleaned everything, dried it out, applied eternabond to the corner, laid a bead of non leveling sealant onto the inside angle of the trim, reinstalled with stainless #10 screws, and recaulked the side and bottom pieces with proflex rv clear. Make sure to seal the mitered corners, they aren't perfect. Then I used 3m tape to reattach the corner plastic trim. Btw, some of the screw heads had rotted off with the body still left so I had to drill additional holes for screws. Some of the existing holes required larger #12 screws because they stripped. You want this piece as sturdy as possible. Then I caulked the vertical outer wall seams, the ones on the side walls, and the tops of the racks. Soapy water on your fingertip for caulking works wonders. I now received the tray from CW and will install that. I did this to my bedroom slide and my dinette slide. Dinette slide is dry but bedroom slide still has water weeping from a screw on the bottom. I even removed the awning topper bracket screws, resealed, and replaced with stainless. Still weeps, just like I fo when I see water on the floor. Btw, this is a 2017.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #7

THOR #17813
Where is the drain pan?
Old 11-14-2020, 03:23 PM   #8

THOR #20432
It's at the bottom corner on each side of the slide, attached to the coach, not the slide. I still haven't figured out his to remove it. The pic I posted eased from in side left. There's also a lip that tucks behind the seal. If you zoom in you can see the crack on the horizontal. I posted a pic of the new one. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201025_105338.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	27140Click image for larger version

Name:	1605367378572.jpeg
Views:	184
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	27141
Old 11-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #9

THOR #17813
Thanks for the pics! Is that a piece of Eterna Bond tape where you tried to patch the crack?
Mine is a 2016.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #10

THOR #17813
I just checked mine and it doesn't seem to have a drip pan. From your pic it looks like a major project to change it out. I had to also replace half a dozen screws due to the heads rusting off from the molding leaks. My leak is now coming from the top of that slide channel and once it drips down it goes past the inner rubber seals into the coach. I've poured water all over the area from the bottom to the top of the slide and can't get it to leak. When it rains it leaks.
Maybe it's coming in from the top and takes awhile to get down to the bottom?
Good thing I'm retired and have the time to work on it.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:00 PM   #11

THOR #20432
No eternabond on that. After I took the pic I tried sealing the crack with proflex but I couldn't get behind the wall portion so it still leaks when open.