Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2017, 01:37 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #8222
Thumbs down Jacks down light will not go off when jacks retracted

My Thor Ace 27.1 has a problem with the Lippert LCI Electronic levelilng.
The jacks down light will not go off when the jacks are fully retracted.

It happens off and on after retracting the jacks to go home.

Can not get the light to go off and system wil not run till that light goes off.

It happened last year after leaving the Oregon cost in the fall. Tried it several time during the winter and it did not work. Then I drove over the Cascades to camp at Wickiup and the jacks down light was off the the leveling system worked fine. Then i drove home and the leveling system worked fine again. Then I drove back over the Cascades to Crescent lake and the jacks went down ok but after i retracted them they retracted ok and the jack down light went out,. But then after I started driving the jack down light came back on. And that was a couple of weeks ago and it still comes on and I cant use the leveling system with the jacks down light on.
The jacks are all fully retracted. Pulled the fuses and put back in and pushed reset fuse. and pushed the 4 buttons in diamond. It resets then comes right back on. Something is telling control panel the jacks are down when they are up. ????

Please advise.

Thanks

John

Old 07-08-2017, 01:44 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Have you called Lippert? They should be able to tell you what to do to troubleshoot the issue.
Old 07-08-2017, 02:13 AM   #3

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
http://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0021.pdf

See pages 7 and 8
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:30 AM   #4

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
there is a system reset you can do by holding down "enter", "retract" and "auto level" simultaneously for ten seconds or just the "enter" and "retract" which also does some sort of system reset. The manual also has the specifics on resets and is available online.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #5

Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
My old RV did this a couple times. It had a float level switch in the tank and sent an alarm and lite on when fluid was low. But, not sure if the newer systems still have this but that one all fluid returns to tank when up. Thx, Dennis.
Old 07-08-2017, 04:56 PM   #6

THOR #8222
i have a 2014 Thor Ace and i filled tank to 1/4in from top. Can not get the jacks down light to go off. Last time I got it off was to drive over the cascades and on a bumpy road to the campground and the Lippert LCI Electronic leveling worked fine for two camping trips over the moutains. I think it is something to do with how I retracted last time, turning it off right after jacks down light went off. But regardless now I can not get the jacks down light to go off.

Where are the psi switches located? Are there 4 of them one for each jack? Where is float level located?
Old 07-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #7

Model: 2014 Hurricane 34E
State: Alabama
THOR #6181
Quote:
Originally Posted by property@wvi.com View Post
i have a 2014 Thor Ace and i filled tank to 1/4in from top. Can not get the jacks down light to go off. Last time I got it off was to drive over the cascades and on a bumpy road to the campground and the Lippert LCI Electronic leveling worked fine for two camping trips over the moutains. I think it is something to do with how I retracted last time, turning it off right after jacks down light went off. But regardless now I can not get the jacks down light to go off.

Where are the psi switches located? Are there 4 of them one for each jack? Where is float level located?
Float level switch Ive mentioned was in the tank side mounted near top of tank.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #8

THOR #8222
Quote:
Originally Posted by schreinertms View Post
there is a system reset you can do by holding down "enter", "retract" and "auto level" simultaneously for ten seconds or just the "enter" and "retract" which also does some sort of system reset. The manual also has the specifics on resets and is available online.
My touch pad doesnt have a screen or an enter button.You can reset it by pusing all 4 buttons in diamond. It resets and the alarms goes off for a second and then come right back on. i filled the tank to the upper radius of the tank, did not help.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #9

THOR #8222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Float level switch Ive mentioned was in the tank side mounted near top of tank.
There is a green nut on left side near the top but no wire coming off of it. how could a float work without a wire?
Old 07-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #10

THOR #8222
Thumbs down Jacks down light will not go off when jacks retracted

jacks down light still on. Lippert says there is not float just operates of pressure with a pressure guage.

14.3 voltage going to motor and it doesnt turn, but jacks down light still on.

Had same problem last year, then drove over the mts and it worked fine for two trips. then after last retract the jacks down light came on and motor will not turn.

low pressure causes the jacks down light to come on, and during low pressure the motor will not run to get pressure back up.

Dont understand.

John
Old 07-11-2017, 05:21 AM   #11

THOR #8222
There is 14.3 volts to the pump motor but it doesn't run, to retract jacks or extend them with the jack down light on. Resetting doesn't help.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #12

State: Georgia
THOR #8993
Did you ever figure this out?

Tags
jacks down, lci leveling system