Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2021, 04:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Illinois
THOR #5822
Slow Rise shades - removal and adjustment

One of my Irvine Slow Rise shades is way out of adjustment (the one over the couch). I broke my left arm several weeks ago and find it very difficult to try and adjust the shade tension while the shade is up behind the valance. It is really tight in there, and my left hand is pretty useless right now!

I am looking for help (advice) on how to best access the Slow Rise shade to make the tension adjustment.

Looking up at the rollers, there appear to be three mounting clips that hold the dual roll assembly (Nite Shade and Solar Shade) in place. It looks like there is a tiny spring in these clips. Is this where a flat blade screwdriver tip can be inserted and twisted to release the shade assembly?

I would very much appreciate some advice on how to do this. I don't want to try something that doesn't work and be stuck with a worse situation than what I already have.

Old 01-28-2023, 07:47 PM   #2

State: California
THOR #22924
Did you figure it out? I have a 2020 Thor Delano and need to pull the shades to adjust tension and stop. It's hard to see behind the headers covering the shade/window top.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:03 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
You can remove the window valance by unscrewing the screws that hold it onto the wall. It can be a challenge to reach up under the valance to unscrew it. Check YouTube to see how to adjust them.

Paul
Old 01-31-2023, 02:28 AM   #4

Model: Tuscany 34ST
State: Florida
THOR #28130
Our Tuscany has sort of a knurled knob at one end to adjust the tension for raising.
TurboDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 02:41 AM   #5

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #16876
On the side of what appears to be a latch button, use a flat screw driver and insert it between the button and the edge of the blind assembly then twist. If it doesn't work on that side, try the other side of the blind assembly. you will see the hook portion of the sliding lock. insert a screw driver between the hook and the assembly. I have a ton of these and find that they are the best. the bracket has a fixed hook and a spring tension slide bar with a button on the end. The assembly is held in place by the ridges of the sliding button and the back hook.

Hope this helps.
NG7V is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
irvine, shade, slow rise