Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2024, 11:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Sob

SOB can mean Some Other Brand, or Sister of Brand, or something more common.,

Old 01-31-2024, 11:54 PM   #2

Model: Gemini 24TF
State: British Columbia
THOR #22103
Or, in our case, Sold Our Boat!
Demco Stay-In-Play Duo braking
Blue Ox Alpha 2 Tow Bar
Cereniers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Something you trying to tell us?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 12:09 AM   #4

Model: ACE 30.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #25260
I'm a retired ER nurse. We used to get in trouble for saying a patient was SOB. (Short Of Breath)

2015 ACE 30.1, 2017 RAV4, 1999 F250, 1991 Honda ST1100, 1984 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV6, 1961 MGA
ghnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 12:23 AM   #5

THOR #1589
SOB can mean SOME OTHER BRAND, or it can mean SISTER OF BRAND. Jayco was acquired by Thor in 2016 (for $576 million) so it is sort of adopted family.

The last time I took Mrs S to the Tampa RV Supershow it was 2015, and we picked out a Vegas 25.2 to replace our previous 33' Class A. Now it is 9 years later, and I once more took her along to the Tampa show. By the time our day was ended, we had our name on a 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL. (Someone remind me to leave her at home in future years!)

So it's goodbye the Hurricane, and hello to an almost new Precept. Still a bit of a wait for delivery, but we don't have travel plans soon anyway. Did the previous owner fix the initial QC items or give up and leave it all for the next guy (me)? Time will tell.

2015 was also the year that I joined this venerable forum, and I have learned so much from so many great forum members. I will continue to check in from time to time. Thanks to all who have contributed!
Old 02-01-2024, 12:51 AM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
SOB can mean SOME OTHER BRAND, or it can mean SISTER OF BRAND. Jayco was acquired by Thor in 2016 (for $576 million) so it is sort of adopted family.

The last time I took Mrs S to the Tampa RV Supershow it was 2015, and we picked out a Vegas 25.2 to replace our previous 33' Class A. Now it is 9 years later, and I once more took her along to the Tampa show. By the time our day was ended, we had our name on a 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL. (Someone remind me to leave her at home in future years!)

So it's goodbye the Hurricane, and hello to an almost new Precept. Still a bit of a wait for delivery, but we don't have travel plans soon anyway. Did the previous owner fix the initial QC items or give up and leave it all for the next guy (me)? Time will tell.

2015 was also the year that I joined this venerable forum, and I have learned so much from so many great forum members. I will continue to check in from time to time. Thanks to all who have contributed!
Congratulations on the new to you coach! I can see a lot of the 27K in the floorplan but without the full wall slide. And it looks like the only Schwintek slide is the bedroom? Split bath and more room for activities. I'm sure you guys will enjoy it.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 01:28 AM   #7

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Something you trying to tell us?

Every time I see it I think they are cursing at their rig calling it Son off Bit..

Ha
Old 02-01-2024, 01:59 AM   #8

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:

An excellent choice in floor plans. Are you still going to allow TMCs at your Jayco Florida rallies?
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 02:22 AM   #9
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Congrats. May neighbor has a Precept. We were talking the day before yesterday and he said the only problem with his is a lack of use.

I have found Jayco built units to be far superior to TMC rigs.

Check to see if the rig has a 2 year transferable warranty like the Jayco Super Cs.

Enjoy.
Old 02-01-2024, 02:56 AM   #10

THOR #1589
Jim- We never turned anyone away from our gatherings. Maybe again next fall?

Hope you are correct about the Jayco reputation. The Precept seems to be a lot of value, and this low mileage year old model was deeply discounted. The show price for a new one was $135K, with a list priceover $200K.

Unfortunately, the warranty evaporates after first owner. I am not a fan of extended warranties, but am seriously considering one this time. It's been discussed thoroughly on this and other forums. More on that soon.
Old 02-01-2024, 12:30 PM   #11

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Or more likely what you are doing because you took the wife to the Florida RV Show. The last time we went I ended up buying a new motorhome.

Here is what Webster says you are doing:

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
sob
/säb/
verb
cry noisily, making loud, convulsive gasps.
"he broke down and sobbed like a child"
Similar:
weep
cry
shed tears
snivel
whimper
whine
howl
mewl
bawl
greet
blub
blubber
boohoo
grizzle
noun
an act or sound of sobbing.
"with a sob of despair she threw herself onto the bed"
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 04:19 PM   #12

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:

Welcome to the World of owning the SOB's...
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote