Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2015, 06:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1532
Solved house battery issue

I finally resolved my house battery issue in my Four Winds 33SW.

First off, Group 29 batteries from Interstate will fit. I went with the PRO-29M which has a 210 RC per battery rather than the 160 the stock batteries have. That's a significant upgrade. Also, these batteries are rated for 100 discharge/recharge cycles, and have 18 months free exchange if anything goes wrong.

So after I put the batteries in, my inverter was still reporting 11.5v. I called Xantrex, and they said to disconnect from shore power and disconnect the positive lead on the batteries, and wait 15 minutes. This cleared the system and everything is good again.

Wanted to pass this along, happy with my upgrade and also wanted to pass on how to reset the inverter.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I want to replace my batteries this year. I'll check and see if group 29s or group 31s will fit. Thanks for the tip.

One issue with my compartment is with even the group 27s in there now, you can't really reach the outside vent covers very well. But I bought one of those watering kits, so I should not have to access the vents.