Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2024, 05:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #31833
Speakers above jackknife sofa 2019 ACE 30.2

I am at loss on this one. The two speakers above the jackknife sofa are not working. I have pulled them and they are wired correctly. I have looked through manuals and canít seem to ID them or what they are connected to. Are these normally connected to the house radio. I have not pulled the house radio to check for loose wires. Any help is appreciated.

Old 06-10-2024, 05:29 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Should be the "B" channel on dash radio.
Old 06-10-2024, 06:17 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjones View Post
I am at loss on this one. The two speakers above the jackknife sofa are not working. I have pulled them and they are wired correctly. I have looked through manuals and canít seem to ID them or what they are connected to. Are these normally connected to the house radio. I have not pulled the house radio to check for loose wires. Any help is appreciated.
Where does the sound come from on your dash radio? Most ACEs have speakers just behind the cab that are used for the dash radio.

BUT, as this is a 2019 MH and you are probably not the original owner there's not telling what was done before you, OR BY YOU.

Didn't you just replace the dash radio in February? But at that time it was a 2018 30.2?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:26 PM   #4

THOR #31833
Yes sorry it is a 2018. The dash radio has been replaced and the speakers are just behind the driver/passengers seats and two (I believe were added) down near the floor on the side. That all is working. The two speakers above the sofa have not worked since I bought the motorhome. Not a big deal just running out of ideas. The two over the bed in the rear work fine “A” speakers on the house radio, and the exterior speakers work fine on the “B” setting of the house radio. Thought maybe they were tied to the TV over the dinette but messed with setting on it and no luck
Old 06-10-2024, 07:28 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
My over the couch (now loveseats) speakers are on the rear fader slider for the Axxera dash radio. Since the speakers are in a slide, the wires from the head unit go under the coach over the the bathroom wire chase, where the speaker wires join with 120 volt and 12 volt wires. The wires in the sheath then go across the dinner booth floor in a chase and up the wall to the hollow floor of the cabinets above the loveseats.

I put variable intensity LED light strips on the slide's top valance, so I got really familiar with the slides wiring. I also converted the coach's 15 amp GFCI wiring to 12 awg and 20 amps, so I could use the portable induction cook top (inside and outside) at full power. That required new wiring to the GFCI duplex receptacle on the outer bathroom wall next to the dinette booth. That is when I found the speaker wires.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:37 PM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjones View Post
Yes sorry it is a 2018. The dash radio has been replaced and the speakers are just behind the driver/passengers seats and two (I believe were added) down near the floor on the side. That all is working. The two speakers above the sofa have not worked since I bought the motorhome. Not a big deal just running out of ideas. The two over the bed in the rear work fine ďAĒ speakers on the house radio, and the exterior speakers work fine on the ďBĒ setting of the house radio. Thought maybe they were tied to the TV over the dinette but messed with setting on it and no luck
So are you saying you have 4 speakers in the ceiling? 2 that work with the dash radio, plus two "add-on" speakers that work with the dash radio near the floor? But the other two ceiling speakers that are over the jacknife couch which faces the TV have never worked?

I, like you, suspect they may be tied to the TV, but how? You'll probably have to take the TV down to see what is plugged in where. There's also a chance they were/are tied directly into a DVD player in a cabinet (maybe above the couch?).
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 07:52 PM   #7

THOR #31833
Sounds like I need to do a little more digging around. I will see what I can find and get back with results
Thanks for the info and help
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM   #8

THOR #31833
Update
Went through the process last evening and traced the wire harness through the coach from back of radio harness to the front speakers over the sofa nothing noticeably out of place still in original bundle. Did a little test by jumping from good speaker connections on radio harness to the front speaker connections on the opposite harness plug.. got nothing. Pulled out an old speaker that had laying around and tested at the front speaker locations nothing there either. Messed with fader on dash radio just for fun and that did nothing as should be the case. The house radio does not have fade but balance left and right but that did nothing for the front speakers. I am sure I will keep messing with it to try to figure it out. Will post just for info if I figure something out
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #9
It's 'towed', not toad.

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Is this a concern due to something not working as you'd need or a wonderment as to what's what?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote