Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #5357
New Freedom Elite 29FE - Delivery report and Camper's Inn Review

Hello, I'm new to the forum and we just purchased a Thor Freedom Elite 29FE from Camping World (CW). The summary is we are very happy with our purchase. We got 30% off MSRP from our local dealer. We were concerned about warranty getting done across the US and that seemed like an advantage to buying from CW. We will see on that.

Being our first RV purchase I was very concerned about quality issues after researching some horror stories online. For that reason I spent a lot of time preparing a 4 page checklist for my PDI. I did this PDI Tuesday and picked up our coach yesterday.

I cannot say how impressed I was with the quality of such an inexpensive coach. We paid under $70k for it. There was not a single issue in our delivery. High praise to Thor and CW. Actually there was one missing catch on the dinette drawer. The dealer fixed that during the PDI. Also CW installed a second coach battery for us at our request for very reasonable price during the PDI.

We took the RV for a short shakedown cruise to a local campground near the CW last night. During that period of time we experienced hot weather when we arrived where we ran the a/c, then a hard rainstorm. Later that night it turned cold and by morning it was 44f and we were running the heat. Every system performed flawlessly.

I did have a problem with the entry door not closing due to the cold this morning but a quick adjustment with a phillips screwdriver resolved it.

So far we really love this RV. We added a memory foam mattress topper and the bed is as comfortable as our bed at home.

CW was very easy to deal with from negotiating a deal to delivery. I had read many bad reviews on them and was very nervous about how things would turn out.

Anyway if anyone has any questions or comments I'd love to share more about our experiences so far.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:55 PM   #2

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Congrats on the new MH! Happy trails!
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:56 PM   #3

Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
Goody goody! Congrats and welcome! We did what you did early this year, but went with a Four Winds Super C .....we too love it! We did what you did
( different temps!) but all in all we are very happy! As you use it more,run it more you might have some tweaks...but we play with it monthly if we do not get to go on a trip,we run the gen,we bought tire monitor system...we love it! Hope there are many more GOOD thor stories than bad!
Old 09-17-2016, 05:24 PM   #4

THOR #5357
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowRun View Post
Goody goody! Congrats and welcome! We did what you did early this year, but went with a Four Winds Super C .....we too love it! We did what you did
( different temps!) but all in all we are very happy! As you use it more,run it more you might have some tweaks...but we play with it monthly if we do not get to go on a trip,we run the gen,we bought tire monitor system...we love it! Hope there are many more GOOD thor stories than bad!
Yes, I hope I don't regret singing their praises when everything breaks on our next trip! Definitely want to get a TPMS as well as upgrading to a fan over the bed. Definitely a bargain for under $70k. Love the outside kitchen, outside TV and the placement of the living room TV over the dinette.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:23 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on you new coach! Always great to hear stories of Happy Campers!!! Hope you enjoy many trouble free miles of happiness!
Old 09-19-2016, 08:37 PM   #6

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #2154
Hi ThorDog and congratulations! I wonder at which CW you purchased your new RV? We bought the Windsport new in July 2014 and after the sale it was quite an adventure getting warranty service at the Kissimmee CW.

We've enjoyed our Thor and made lots of mods. You'll enjoy the folks on this forum.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #7

THOR #5357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N3EQF View Post
Hi ThorDog and congratulations! I wonder at which CW you purchased your new RV? We bought the Windsport new in July 2014 and after the sale it was quite an adventure getting warranty service at the Kissimmee CW.

We've enjoyed our Thor and made lots of mods. You'll enjoy the folks on this forum.
PM me and I will give you the details.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:02 AM   #8

Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #5888
New Freedom Elite and CW Review

Hello, I'm new to the forum and we just purchased a 2017 Thor Freedom Elite 29FE from Camping World (CW) in SD. We traded in a 2016 Forester 2251 which we were very unhappy with. The reason we chose CW was that we felt we had more service opportunities. During a 3,000 mile trip we encountered a few issues. We had a water leak that was coming from the exterior kitchen area. We took it to the CW in Deforest, WI for service. The service dept fixed everything to our satisfaction within a few hours. Next issue was discovered during a very hard rain storm, water was leaking in the cabinet that housed the cable and antenna wiring. Took it to the CW IN Akron, OH (about 2 hours from home)which diagnosed improper installation of Satellite Dish. Again fixed to our satisfaction within just a few hours. Next issue was with living area slide dragging on floor. Took it back to CW in Akron, discovered slide was installed incorrectly. CW had it fixed within 6 hours. As far as I am concerned the customer support from CW in Akron, OH has been outstanding. Even with the ease issues we are very happy with the 29 FE which had 6,012 on it when we put it away for the winter.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:59 AM   #9

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #4453
Still

Are you still loving the 29FE
Old 12-03-2016, 05:15 PM   #10

Model: Freedom Elite 29FE
THOR #5888
Still loving the 29FE

Yes, although it is in storage for the winter can't wait till spring to get it out. We love the floor plan even at 30' it's not bad to drive or park. Just have to plan our moves when towing the car especillay when fueling
Old 12-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #11

Model: FE22 (traded)
State: North Carolina
THOR #4681
Wish I had

I wish had picked the 29...I've got the 22 and after having been on a few trips I realize now how small the 22 is for my crew! It was sort of an impulse thing when we first saw the 22 and the wife still likes it, but it seems to be getting smaller, to me at least! Sad part is that with only 2k miles on it, CW only valued the coach at 46k for trade!!! Guess I should've expected that, after all it IS a VEHICLE!!! No problems with it though. I've put the Helwig bars on front and rear and had the alignment done so it drives pretty good.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:29 PM   #12

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Camper, I've learned over the years that no matter which coach you buy it will never be big enough! Lol