Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2020, 07:51 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Iowa
THOR #8020
Tuscany 38SQ stuck in mud at Oshkosh 3 times

I used a Pintel hook in the Receiver and a large tractor towed it backwards out of the mud and hole it was stuck in.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:56 PM   #22

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
good idea, as these means of extraction will vary depending on the location of the motorhome versus the tow vehicle - or the angle between the two, and the direction the motorhome needs to be moving in...

in my case the front wheels were already in a 'forward' trajectory in the right direction, so pulling from the side to help move it in that direction was sufficient, and fairly easy.

If I get stuck going IN to my site, though, it won't be easy, as I would almost need to be 'pushed' out of the hole, since there'd be no way for the tow vehicle to get around and in front of me, because of how my site is positioned...
Old 02-27-2020, 08:43 PM   #23

State: South Carolina
THOR #10409
Happened to us last month

The same thing basically happened to us a month ago in NC. To make it worse the mud froze that night. We had to wait a few days until the ground dried out. We got out by digging around the tires and then putting kitty litter under the wheels. The thing that helped the most was putting down our leveling jacks. This lifted the stuck tires up enough so we could put the litter underneath them. Good luck.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:50 PM   #24

THOR #4735
... well, we're all set now... moving 30 miles north to our new site with no more 'stuck' worries - all gravel, hard packed, and level : )

coming and going will be no issue!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:19 AM   #25

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Seeing those pics Makes me glad I purchased the Magnitude SV34 with 4x4. Would come in handy for these situations!!!
Old 02-28-2020, 05:19 AM   #26

Model: 2015 Palazzo
State: California
THOR #17213
Hi everyone, Anyone upgraded the wet bay area on 2015 Palazzo? Post with pictures if you have please. Thanks,
Old 02-28-2020, 01:39 PM   #27

THOR #4735
you might want to start a new thread since this isn't part of the original 'stuck' subject, but 'what' upgrades are you referring to?
Old 02-28-2020, 04:17 PM   #28
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1noel View Post
bargain!
I agree...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 08:48 PM   #29

Model: Palazzo 36.2
State: Illinois
THOR #12796
For the future: If you know you will park in a location for an extended period; 2 X 12 lumber can save a fair amount of risk. I was parked in an area that was mostly sand for about 6 Months with my Palazzo 36.2. I put 48" 2X12 lumber under each tire. I started with 8"X 16", 3" thick Concrete blocks under each leveling jack foot. I monitored it once a week and stopped adding concrete blocks under the rear Jacks after there were 5 embedded in the sand I then switched to 24" long 2 X 12 lumber which remained close to the surface for the last 45 days. I did double up the 48" 2 X 12's under the rear wheels, but I was able to retrieve the bottom ones and reused them and the others the next time I was there.
We did use our washing machine, which helped to drive the leveling jack pads into the ground. At the end of our stay, we were able to depart with no problems both stays. I carry about 100 Lbs of 2 X 12 lumber wherever I go. It has saved a hassle on several occasions. No damaged pavement, holes in the gravel or fully extended leveling jacks.