Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2018, 04:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Outdoor TV Bluetooth to Jensen in the Bedroom

We have a Challenger 37LX. We finally upgraded the outside TV to a Samsung smart TV. We're now attempting to use the Bluetooth on the TV to connect to the Jensen JWM1A in the bedroom in order to listen to the TV through the outdoor speakers.

The TV finds the Axxera on the dash, and my iPhone finds the Jensen when standing right next to the TV, (but the sound is choppy at best) but the TV will not find the Jensen. We even tried pairing a Bluetooth dongle to the TV which worked, but the dongle could not find the Jensen either. Thinking the Jensen Bluetooth signal may be too weak, we even tried to plug the dongle into the Jensen but there's no RCA jacks in the back of that radio. Only speaker outputs.

Pretty frustrated with the process which is in it's second day. Any help or thoughts?

Old 07-05-2018, 06:13 PM   #2

Model: Miramar
State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
I use the Jensen (jcontrol) on my iPad which is freely available. My Jensen JWM1A is also in the BR, and the BT signal is excellent up to 30 feet.