Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2018, 03:40 AM   #1

State: Alabama
THOR #12856
Synergy Class C Slideout Problem

Setup camp the other night when a friend called and asked us to meet him for dinner. Tried to retract the theater seat slide out and just as the motor started to whine it quit. Couldn’t get it to move in or out from the touch screen panel. Checked shore power, switched to gen power, turned off power main, put it back on, nothing. My wife suggested I start the vehicle to give the batteries more power. I knew that didn’t make sense but did it anyway. The touch screen displayed a red stripe at the top that said slide out was locked while engine was on. So I turned off the engine, went back to the panel and viola, the slide out retracted. The next morning I went to retract it again and, once more it wouldn’t budge. Started the engine and went through the same routine as the night before and it retracted just fine.

I’m guessing it’s not supposed to work that way as it had worked just fine in the past. Anyone else had this happen? If so, is there a fix?

Old 09-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37gt Challenger
State: Arkansas
THOR #12432
Sounds like you may have low voltage coming from your house batteries. Many of the slide Motors will not work correctly if voltage is below 12.2. I would check to make sure of the voltage and that they are getting charged
Old 09-10-2018, 03:09 PM   #3

State: Alabama
THOR #12856
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvman View Post
Sounds like you may have low voltage coming from your house batteries. Many of the slide Motors will not work correctly if voltage is below 12.2. I would check to make sure of the voltage and that they are getting charged

Thanks. Appreciate the info.