Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-13-2020, 11:19 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Funny how quirky these things can be! On my Aria the hot water works fine on city water with no pump or tank water with pump. These things can make you scratch your head sometimes.

For sure, Grizz, no figuring these things out sometimes!
GVP

Old 05-16-2020, 07:42 PM   #22

Model: Miramar
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #14094
Another hot water problem

Have a 2019 Thor Miramar with The 3rd generation hot water heater from Girard. Camped most of last year and went camping this past week and got hot water was working fine for the first three nights. Then stopped working. No codes, no fan or flame so no ignition. Power to the water heater and control box seem fine. Turn unit on and can set temp up or down but it does not change when a demand for hot water is sent. I tried the suggestions from the previous forum users such as water regulator and also using the water pump. There was 3/8” fill on propane so I thought gauge might be off. I went and filled tank with no change in water temp. The outside shower was checked and I have turned the power to unit a dozen times by turning off the water heater and the control panel but to no avail. I even tried the banging with hammer on the valves to lossen whatever cobwebs may be in there. Air inlet seems unclogged also. Other than calling Girard does anyone have any other ideas?
Old 05-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #23

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
There is a youtube video about the reset button for the Girard.
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB
PS I changed my Girard for the standard 6 gallon Suburban
Old 05-16-2020, 09:05 PM   #24

State: North Carolina
THOR #13548
Water flow not high enough to turn on tankless WH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstar View Post
We are living in our 2019 Thor Quantum 29KW with a tankless water heater. Turning on the hot water (without engaging water pump) delivers cold, then a brief hot water moment, then cold again. HELP...tired of heating up water in the microwave (we do have electrical hook up - 20 amp - 10 less then our 30 amp load max).
We too had this problem... Is it a Girard WH? I found that it will not turn on until continuous water flow is .8 gallons per minute. And, if you push the pause switch in the shower, you will get a blast of cold water. This wastes a lot of water and if you are dry camping that is a problem. Got tired of hearing the wife yell when that cold water came on. I bought a Suburban 4-gallon* electric/gas WH (*a larger WH would not fit the space). This has worked out great !!!!
Old 05-17-2020, 01:59 AM   #25

Model: Palazzo 36.2
State: Illinois
THOR #12796
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstar View Post
Nope but I have a switch for the water pump and I have not switched that on.
Need adequate flow and pressure for hot water heater to work. Why are you unwilling to turn the pump on?
Old 05-19-2020, 01:55 AM   #26

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: British Columbia
THOR #15426
But as Coveman stated. You should not be getting a full stream of water hot or cold if you do not have the pump turned on and are not connected to city water.