Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2015, 02:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #3216
Red face Axis/Vegas 25.2 Water Heater

I'm having a dog of a time trying to identify the hot water shut off in 2016 25.2. I managed to get antifreeze in the water heater tank. Has anyone identified the hot water valve? I see what I thought was a cold water valve and Byp valve, but I cant get my head under the couch well enough (no comments, please) and I must be missing something. Is there another access? Thanks. BTW, I love this RV.

Old 11-21-2015, 01:14 PM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Did you try opening the jack knife couch about half way? This works best with two people, as ours tends to snap on over when you have it just where you want it.
I forgot to drain the water heater once (see tagline below), new tank in the spring.
Can't personally address any winterizing questions, we're far enough south to avoid that chore!
Old 11-21-2015, 01:38 PM   #3

THOR #3216
Rapid response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Did you try opening the jack knife couch about half way? This works best with two people, as ours tends to snap on over when you have it just where you want it.
I forgot to drain the water heater once (see tagline below), new tank in the spring.
Can't personally address any winterizing questions, we're far enough south to avoid that chore!
Yes. I couldn't see valve or hot line termination. Coincidentally I received an email from Thor sales rep. When I responded that I had already purchased, I added the valve question. Within a couple hours a warranty tech contacted me and sent a diagram of elect and plumbing. And instructions that the vavle is accessed from bathroom. ...Yes, I propped couch 1/2 way open. My cranium don't fit. I'll post results when I get home in a couple of days.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #4

THOR #3216
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnagle6900@gmail.com View Post
Yes. I couldn't see valve or hot line termination. Coincidentally I received an email from Thor sales rep. When I responded that I had already purchased, I added the valve question. Within a couple hours a warranty tech contacted me and sent a diagram of elect and plumbing. And instructions that the vavle is accessed from bathroom. ...Yes, I propped couch 1/2 way open. My cranium don't fit. I'll post results when I get home in a couple of days.
Well. I never did get a visual but ,with the diagram, by feel, I found the valve next to the byp and just out of sight. I must have misheard the tech about access from the bathroom.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #5

THOR #3216
2016 Vegas dash HDMI input

Hi folks. Has anybody figured out how to make this work? I plug my phones hdmi cable into it but cannot get the radio to display phone's Google Maps Navigation screen. Thank s
Old 10-19-2016, 11:10 PM   #6

State: Michigan
THOR #5743
Quote:
Hi folks. Has anybody figured out how to make this work? I plug my phones hdmi cable into it but cannot get the radio to display phone's Google Maps Navigation screen. Thank s
I have the same issue; bought the required cable but doesn't work (yet). I haven't taken any time to learn or diagnose, so hoping for an easy answer.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #7

State: British Columbia
THOR #4532
hot water tank

Yes, that valve is in a terrible place. I missed it twice....once winterizing and embarrassingly again getting it ready this spring. Hopefully I'll remember it this fall.
I have a question for you guys. My hot water tank is not working properly right now. The propane started intermitantly turning off and now doesn't work at all Interestingly the electrical heater is also periodicly not working. It appears to be a control panel issue. The manual talks about a reset button. Has anyone found it? I haven't been successful.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #8

State: Nevada
THOR #8363
Quote:
You have to buy the miror cable and plyg in that way. I bought one and works. I have iphone and bought cable at Walmart.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:25 PM   #9

State: Alabama
THOR #6446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed2959 View Post
You have to buy the miror cable and plyg in that way. I bought one and works. I have iphone and bought cable at Walmart.
I believe Android isn't supported. iPhone and iPad only. I got it to work with iPad but the image was disappointing.
Safe_t_Plus, Spare mount underneath
Dynamat Extreme / Hoodliner Doghouse Treatment
2016vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:30 PM   #10

THOR #6446
Quote:
Well. I never did get a visual but ,with the diagram, by feel, I found the valve next to the byp and just out of sight. I must have misheard the tech about access from the bathroom.
I turn 3 valves. one is bypass one is to the hot water heater feed one is to hot water heater out. I think. Can't see well and no markings. I've winterized three times successfully.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #11

THOR #6446
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016vegas View Post
I turn 3 valves. one is bypass one is to the hot water heater feed one is to hot water heater out. I think. Can't see well and no markings. I've winterized three times successfully.
Ha! Responded to my own posting from last year

Tags
diagram, vegas 25.2, winterization, winterize