Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-27-2016, 10:15 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Try calling Lippert Components and they should be able to tell you the differences between the 2 and 3Trax systems. They do, after all, manufacture the system and I believe they also manufacture the slide as well.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:28 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
2017 Miramar 34.3 full wall slide remaunufactured

Yes... And thank you Dave for the suggestion of calling Lippert. The 3Trax system does have a different roler configuration to distribute the load as well as new motors.

Work is complete and picking up tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed that all the work was done correctly....
Old 06-30-2016, 09:24 PM   #23

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
I have it in my 2015 Hurricane 34J and it is by no means perfect! Ha! Sorry!

The front bottom section of the full wall slide is out about 1/4 inch from the day I purchased it and no matter how many times I open and close the slide - does not go back tight!

Driving back from myrtle Beach 2 weeks ago the slide was out about 6 inches and would not go tight. Think the reason is when we were retracting it prior to leaving it all of a sudden stopped mid way and then started again. In retrospect - should have opened it again and retracted it again. Sad one has to do this.

Every time I press the button to extend or retract it I cross my fingers cause I know it is only a matter of time till it does not move.
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:43 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursx2 View Post
....cut...

Every time I press the button to extend or retract it I cross my fingers cause I know it is only a matter of time till it does not move.
A bigger unknown is what's going to happen when the motorhomes are over 10 years old and have over 50,000 miles on them.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:18 AM   #25

State: Florida
THOR #3454
full wall slide

Still having issues with my 2016 Miramar 34.3 full wall slide, and it came with the three track newer system. Its a pce of garbage, NEVER AGAIN!!! been to the dealer several times. Now the Thor rep saw it and is having the dealer replace both sides completely. hope it takes care of issues.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:57 PM   #26

THOR #4636
2017 Miramar 34.3 super slide issue

I had to bring the slide back on 7/29 because the slide was not closing completely - and moving out slightly while traveling (about 1-2 inches). The dealer service manager recommended a slide lock. But the superslide is supposed to be held tight via the brack on the motor. We just can't seem to get Thor to acknowledge the fact that the slide has problems. They are simply not communicating with us.

We're getting by.... And using the RV this summer, but not sure what to do with this thing.....

I would really like to poll all who have bought RV's with this super slide system.... I'm relatively positive that EVERYONE is having some sort of issue with their superslides. And if they haven't had one yet - they will likely have one soon.

The system is just not engineered correctly and needs to be remanufactured.

Jason Laber
Old 08-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #27

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #2121
Given the number of issues and problems, there seems little doubt to me that slides could be engineered to be a little more robust.

But since they will never be completely trouble free, what would make them an engineering success? In other words, when would they be good enough? And at what cost?
Old 08-23-2016, 02:40 AM   #28

Model: Super c 33 sw 2015
THOR #5211
Unbelievable poor quality of these slides ,, our 2015 super c is once again broke after months in the shop,,, quit 2 days into 6 mo vacation & now heading to Elkhart,, of course they have only allowed 4 days to fix the issue despite 15 additional problems on our list. ,,,,, told us we would have to get it fixed s/w else. Really??? We are from tx with 3 month waiting list. Poor poor excuse for customer service , quality, or understanding of countless miles driven to repair shops, $$$ money lost due to reservations not refunded as well as what if it was a Thor parent /grandparent having to live with these conditions!!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #29

THOR #4636
Give Winnebego a call and have them tell you how to put a slide together. Owned a Itasca Impulse 31JP Silver edition with two slides and never had a problem.....
Old 08-24-2016, 08:00 AM   #30

THOR #4636
I empathize and hope we don't have the same problems. We are a young family and cannot take that sort of time off to get slide issues fixed. Please let us know how you made out.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:08 PM   #31

THOR #5211
Thor slide issues

Will do. Whether customer is ft , pt, retired or still working...... $10000 rig to provost $2.3 million rig we all buy what we think our family needs & what is affordable & customer service & quality control should be of hi quality,,,,,,,,,, costumer shouldn't have to be expected to spend additional $ on factory installed defective & not up to code slide/refrigerator / hydraulic lift issues.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:12 PM   #32

THOR #1532
Welcome to the wonderful world of Schwintek slides. My RV was in the shop 172 days of the first 11 months of ownership due to slide issues. After filing lemon law against Thor, they came to my home and changed it to the 3 Trax system. I haven't had a problem with it yet (over a year) but it does get very slow at points while extending and retracting.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:22 PM   #33

THOR #5211
Wow. So very sorry for all those wasted could've been RVing days�� This will be the 5 th overhaul of the slide so we will see. Fingers X it continues to work for you !!
Old 08-24-2016, 04:37 PM   #34

THOR #5211
Btw. Did you use a lawyer in Garland? We are in marble falls tx but just retired from Dallas area & lived in Rockwall X 14 yrs. we have a name of one in Austin but the more the better
Old 08-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #35

THOR #5211
Hey Jason. Lots of trouble with our 2015 super c chateau. Now broken since trip started 6/2016 & have appt with factory 9/6 & they have allocated 4,,,, yes 4 days to fix this which had been " fixed" 4 previous times. Makes us sick that every other Rv maker understands that with long slides this Lippert system is not working & hydraulic system is a must + Thor is not changing their use of 3 track system. Even the 2017 models are breaking !!
Old 02-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #36

Model: Hurricane 34J
THOR #6099
wow good info in this thread. I liked the video. Nursx2 I do the exact same thing on my 2016 Hurricane 34J. Cross my fingers every time. It has stopped, or gotten bound up some times, but thankfully it worked its way through it.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #37

THOR #4636
Miramar 34.3 slide issues saga continues

Sent my Miramar 34.3 to Indiana after dealer was unable to fix improperly manufactured slide. RV delivered back to CT still broken (slide drifts out 2 inches during travel).

Had to go to "last resorts" and hire a consumer rights attorney out of Hartford CT to help resolve our issue via the Magnasson Moss act. Made initial progress, but have since had little to no resolution from Thor.

We have relinquished ownership of our broken RV and are saddened that our RV days are now over for our family. Likely to be caught in litigation for months....

We just have no confidence in the full wall slide system that Thor used in their 2017 Miramar RV. It's really too bad - because we loved the layout.....

Did anyone else go the lawyer route with Thor?
Old 07-02-2017, 07:56 PM   #38

THOR #1532
I did under Texas Lemon Law. After the lawyer got involved and lemon law filed, Thor came to my house and installed the 3 Trax system. It seemed to work after that, but since we were going full-time we traded it for a Class A diesel pusher. Our "new" coach has 10x the build quality of our Thor.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:32 PM   #39

State: Louisiana
THOR #7882
I have the 3trax full wall slide on my 2016 ACE 30.2. So far no problems.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #40

THOR #4636
Continuing slide issues - not resolved

We do not wish anyone any ill will - and certainly hope all to have a maintenance free slide system and good camping....

But our experience has been so bad that we have not only hired an attorney, but have really looked into the Schwinteck system Thir uses on the 2017 Miramar 34.3. Its not a Schwinteck issue - it is an engineering issue. The electric 500/1 motors just can not handle the slide weight - and has high potential of malfuctiining at some point (many experience this after warranty expires).

Still no resolution w/ Thor for us. Good luck with your slides.....