Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2020, 03:48 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
THOR #17950
thor ace 30.1

My 3 cigarette lighters don't work(2 in the dash and 1 in the passenger work station). The factory said the fuse is #22 in the chassis fuse box. That fuse is good. Any ideas?

Old 01-30-2020, 05:22 PM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Welcome to the forum. First question.....have they ever worked?
Just to be clear, that is fuse #22 (a 20 amp) located in the Ford Power Distribution Box in the engine bay, roughly center mounted over the rad air snorkel area? If that is the fuse you checked and it is good, then possibly a bad ground or power feed connection to the first cigar outlet.....and the multiple parallel connections to the others, have no power as a result. Not sure which is the first connection in the string though.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:41 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.1
THOR #17950
Fuse 22 is good. There must be a break on the line. I spliced into another line and jumpered between the 2 front sockets. I will never use the 3rd one in the work station. Thanks for responding.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:00 AM   #4

Model: Windsport
State: Arkansas
THOR #557
Are you looking at the fuse box under the dash on the drivers side? I sold my 30.1 last year but that is where the fuse is located as I remember
Old 02-15-2020, 10:57 AM   #5

THOR #18082
I considering the purchase of an ACE 30.1 in the 2013-2015 model year. Many comments in the forums about handling characteristics and all the enhancements that have to be made, including the CHF, to minimize sway on the road from wind and passing trucks. If purchased from a dealer, what modifications or adjustments should I request the dealer make before I take delivery on a used unit. If from a private seller, what type of allowance should I negotiate to make the recommended improvements to handling. I don't want to be out of pocket a couple of thousand dollars from the start.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:39 PM   #6

Model: Windsport
State: Arkansas
THOR #557
Chf

I made the CHF Myself which only took 30 minutes. I also got a steering stabilizer installed.
Of the two mods the CHF made the most difference. I doubt if the dealer would be willing to make the CHF mod but it is simple.
BTW I drove 55,000 mi with the CHF mod.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:19 PM   #7

THOR #18082
Thanks for the info. I have a 31000# Dutch Star, so downsizing to a much lighter rig will take some getting used to.