Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
^^^DITTO^^^ Can't express enough how that's the "cure all". Excellent service by certified techs that DO NOT BUILD THEM...only repair them. Their motto..."we didn't build it but we can fix it".

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:20 AM   #22

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
THOR #2812
[QUOTE=jannnda;176044]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
Do you have a good Moto Guzzi dealer near you? I live in Houston and had a great dealer. When he moved on I sold mine haha.
Bought mine in Mobile, AL in 72, great dealer & mech. In fact he did major rebuild of my Guzzi in 2005 after I was hit by p/u truck.. Was no longer in business but still had his shop tools... We now have Guzzi/BMW/Indian/Buell combined dealer in Pensacola. So far I've been able to do most of my repairs/ maintenance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-012F.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	16531  
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:48 AM   #23

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
[QUOTE=Hooligan2;176182]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post

Bought mine in Mobile, AL in 72, great dealer & mech. In fact he did major rebuild of my Guzzi in 2005 after I was hit by p/u truck.. Was no longer in business but still had his shop tools... We now have Guzzi/BMW/Indian/Buell combined dealer in Pensacola. So far I've been able to do most of my repairs/ maintenance.

Nothing like a Guzzi!!!!
Old 04-07-2019, 04:03 AM   #24
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Is that trip to Indiana looking better and better? It’s a beautiful state and there are many wonderful parks enabling you to combine factory repairs with a fun trip. Beats being frustrated and angry.
Pete, Not frustrated or angry. I do all of my own work. Never been back to a dealer.
Elkhart is only an hour and 45 min from my home.
My father owned a Motorhome Dealership in the 70's and I have worked around RV's since I was ten years old started washing the lot of TT & Motorhomes. When I was 15, I was "promoted" to parts pickup driver to Elkhart a few times a week in a Motorhome or Class C. I you are ever in the Elkhart area for repairs another cool place to stop is. https://www.janusmotorcycles.com/ AT JANUS MOTORCYCLES,
We make simple, beautiful machines that are a joy to own and ride. We draw on the Northern Indiana spirit of manufacturing to create a personal, unique, and relatable product.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:08 AM   #25

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
Pete, Not frustrated or angry. I do all of my own work. Never been back to a dealer.

Elkhart is only an hour and 45 min from my home.

My father owned a Motorhome Dealership in the 70's and I have worked around RV's since I was ten years old started washing the lot of TT & Motorhomes. When I was 15, I was "promoted" to parts pickup driver to Elkhart a few times a week in a Motorhome or Class C. I you are ever in the Elkhart area for repairs another cool place to stop is. https://www.janusmotorcycles.com/ AT JANUS MOTORCYCLES,

We make simple, beautiful machines that are a joy to own and ride. We draw on the Northern Indiana spirit of manufacturing to create a personal, unique, and relatable product.

Cool. Apologies for misunderstanding.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #26

Model: Freedom Elite
THOR #13351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan2 View Post
Read the Warranty! "For warranty repairs contact a Thor authorized Service Center" (dealer) or call Thor Warranty Department 877-855-2867-- Those are your choices.
My dealer (Carpenters Campers) in Pensacola has been outstanding and Thor has always supported any requests for information, diagrams or warranty.

For non-warranty I use the dealer or a mobile tech if it's not DIY.
We have a new 24FE, purchased in October, a 2019 model, from a Camping World in Massachusetts. we then left on a trip around the country and are currently in California. We had some warranty work done in Albuquerque NM at a Camping World there. Took nearly 4 weeks but we got in and it was worked on.

Since then we've tried to book into both Camping Worlds and Authorized Thor Service centers for additional warranty work. We are asked if we purchased from them and when we say "No", we are told there is a 5 month or in another case a 7 month waiting period for an appointment. Do we have to wait for the extended warranty to kick in? seems we can't get any more work done on the initial Thor warranty as the time to get it scheduled will extend past our 1 year warranty period.

Not a good business model IMHO
Old 04-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #27

State: Texas
THOR #794
I also live in Houston. You are right it is hard to find someone to align a F53 chassis. I have used 2 places for front end alignments. The first was Beasley Tires on Eastex freeway and the last 2 were at Cotton Bros just off Navigation on N. Bryan St. Cotton Bros do a lot of big trucks, busses, and RVs. I did not try to use my extended warranty at either place since I thought alignments were not covered.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:42 PM   #28

THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepartin View Post
I also live in Houston. You are right it is hard to find someone to align a F53 chassis. I have used 2 places for front end alignments. The first was Beasley Tires on Eastex freeway and the last 2 were at Cotton Bros just off Navigation on N. Bryan St. Cotton Bros do a lot of big trucks, busses, and RVs. I did not try to use my extended warranty at either place since I thought alignments were not covered.

I live in magnolia. That’s a long way. I think I found a place in Brendan. Maybe a little farther but far less traffic. I was told that Gullo ford In Conroe does alignments on F53. Have not called them yet.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:05 PM   #29
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
For alignments have you tried a Goodyear Commercial Tire Service Center? They happily aligned our Axis (was a little funny pulling our tiny Axis in next to all the big rigs but they were happy to do it).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #30

THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
For alignments have you tried a Goodyear Commercial Tire Service Center? They happily aligned our Axis (was a little funny pulling our tiny Axis in next to all the big rigs but they were happy to do it).

Thanks for the info. I have used that url before but did not find one. I will try again.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:29 AM   #31

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
when you do a search for an alignment shop try searching for a truck suspension shop. They should be pretty easy to find and most all can do an alignment.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:11 AM   #32

Model: 2017 Axis 25.2 E-450
State: Texas
THOR #4181
We've had lots of warranty work done on our Thor MH by De Montrond in Houston … we purchased the unit new from CW San Antonio. We made appointments for inspections … they got the warranty work approved … ordered parts … then we took the unit back for the work to be done in a couple of days. pm me if you need details / contacts.
TerryJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:01 PM   #33

THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJames View Post
We've had lots of warranty work done on our Thor MH by De Montrond in Houston … we purchased the unit new from CW San Antonio. We made appointments for inspections … they got the warranty work approved … ordered parts … then we took the unit back for the work to be done in a couple of days. pm me if you need details / contacts.

We just got back from Galveston. Thanks for sending me your contact info. I will reach out to you soon.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:41 PM   #34

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #13282
Excellent news all around thankyou !!!
Regards,
Bill and Maggie in Titusville
Old 04-17-2019, 07:52 AM   #35

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New York
THOR #14755
Thor Warranty / Dealerahips

Well now folks, first this is hello and hope everyone is fine. In the thread that was started on warranty and such I will start with I purchased my Axis 24.1 in October 2017 ( a 2018 model) at RVONE / Albany RV in Albany NY. The purchase was fast easy and the salesman was excellent. That is where the Good stuff ends.
Shortle after bringing it home we started to notice things that we did not see when we did our PDI ( my fault in not taking a few days to look at it with a fine tooth come) our PDI was scheduled at 3 PM and by 4:30 it was getting dark but again that is my fault. We had a total of nine items of a cosmetic nature needing repair or correction. We paid a price of an additional $ 100.00 to have a tech travel to our home to do the repairs. Three time he came to our home to take photos and measurements.He then went back to put in the work order and schedule a return trip to do the work. He then left the dealership to another job. I found this out when I did not hear anything about the parts being in. At that point I was told no parts were never ordered. This went on for months. I went through 2 different Zone Techs, two service managers an assistant service manager and one of the 3 brothers who were the owners. I also went to Thor MC speaking with at least 7 warranty / customer service folks who advised me that they would call the dealership and see what was going on. More time elapsed. I called the dealership again and again and furnished them with at least 7 emails on the 9 issues only to be told the parts were on back order, they never had the parts shipped to the dealership or they never ( Thor ) requested the parts. We were just getting the run around. I spoke with Thor and said again this was not fair and in two weeks my warranty would be up. This is when I was told that Thor can not force the dealership to do warranty work if they don't have time. About two weeks after the warranty went out I called Thor again they put me on hold brought up my file and said that they would not be able to warranty anything as the dealership failed to do his PDI when the unit arrived at his dealership at this point I started to flip out and said how is that my fault. Again I was put on hold and when they came back on I was told they would call the dealership and if I wanted I could take it to another shop. They gave me a dealership in my area and when I called them I was also asked the zillion $$ question " where did I purchase the unit" ? I told them and was told we might be able to get you in in a few months but the customers who purchased with them would #1 slot for an appointment. What a mess and what could I do?
I contacted my state attorney general fraud division and they finally got the dealership to act on the repairs after a few months and a fw cancelling out of appointments for the service to be accomplished. So after almost a year and a half the repairs were made but some were not actually done very well. When I called them I left a few messages but no return call and no replies on emails. I guess a bit of "pay back can be a mother... ". So now we were all set for our first trip and I decided to call Thor MC and advise them of the shoddy work and I wanted that corrected ASAP because I had a trip planned in a few weeks so I was told by Thor MC to call the dealership. At that point I asked you just said you pulled up my file and I asked did you read the file, I was told yes and I said are you kidding me? He said why am I kidding you and I sad I would never use Albany RV /RVOne ever again. So he said we have a dealership in Mass and a repair shop down in NJ. I said well I have a Rv Service Center 3 miles from my home why can't I use them? They said I could and have them look at the repairs and to take photos and email TMC. So the shop did that but TMC never called them back with the authorization. Now the will send TMC the same stuff as stated before and they told me that is the last time they will contact TMC if they do not contact them back.
So that is in the works as of now. Well we decided to go on our three day trip to Gettysburgh and today we got back. Before we left about a week or so before our trip I was in the coach packing a fe things and checking out the inside and cleaning up a few things ( washing the floor and clean up a few things) I had the front stereo on and it went off. I could not get it on again. I started up the coach and still no jams and I also found out no camera for the back up and turn signals were not working. I checked the fuze and it was on. I called uo TMC again and asked was there any inline fuze that I can not find. I could not locate one under the dash. I was then told there was one by the stairwell at some sort of solenoid. Damned if I could find it and TMC can not tell me exactly where it is at this point. I am about to give up on this Axis and call the Attorney General again as I know they have a few thing they want to talk to TMC about warranty dealerships and bad business practices in NY State.
The bottom line is , IF you have a good dealership you lucked out and God Bless you. You can rag the dickens out of the dealership but actually they could care less once they have your bucks and they make more monet off of after warranty repairs vs warranty work.We got your &&& so now take your coach and ride right the hell out of Dodge Pal! As for Thor, well they got your money as well...sort of...we would like to help you but we have little or no power over the dealership after he buys the unit from them to sell to the consumer off of the dealership lot.
Ok that is it for this long winded BS. I can just about think what sort of BS I'll get if I have a need to use my extended warranty which the NYS Attorney wants to see. It never gets better and these kinds of poor business practices need to be addressed. There needs to be some sort of law on this stuff as it doesn't stand up to the Lemon Law standards her in NY. If you see along the way parts from an Axis they might be mine as I don't think any PDI's out of the assembly line is done or even thought about nor at the dealership either because if there was they should find them all not us consumers as they have the eye to know what to look for better than we I will assume!! < Piper K9 < add this to the TMC/Dealership list of BS got your dough and gotta go Joe!
Old 04-17-2019, 12:01 PM   #36

THOR #14120
That’s a terrible story. I remember when I was 18 y/o. I bought a new 1972 Dodge. I had several issues that the dealer was not fixing. At 18 y/o I am sure they assumed they could walk all over me. There was a fast food restaurant across the street from the dealer. I made up signs put them all over the car and parked it at the restaurant. I guess it was not helping their Saturday sales. Dealer called the police but they could not do anything about it because I had the approval of the restaurant owner. Not suggesting you do this, but slowing sales is about all you can do now. Thor can and should step up to help. Posting reviews can get there attention. This reminds me of the auto industry in the 70’s and 80’s. The big 3 got there butts kicked because they didn’t react to the market. If a RV Manufacturer comes in with a good quality at a fair price, it’s all over.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:46 PM   #37

State: New Jersey
THOR #8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I know Thor Corporate reads these forums...with that said, I think its time Thor lower the boom on the "no service" dealer network. Thor is big enough, has a huge line of products and the dealers make great profits...on the RV's s well as related product sales. We should start an informative, ongoing thread here on specific dealers that refuse to service a warranted Thor product simply because they were not purchased from them. I'll start by throwing in "Southern RV" in McDonough. I was specifically told...while he chuckled in my face..."we don't do warranty work on anything not purchased from us". I told him...I tried but you didn't have what I wanted and the sales goober didn't have the time to try to find it. They didn't think I was serious about purchase...their bad!! Im going to start the thread myself in just a few minutes..."Thor Dealers That Will Not Support Thor Warranty If Not Purchased From Them".
excellent idea. I was thinking the same thing myself before I read your thread. We need to put these guys in their place and list all the dealers that won't service rigs not purchased by them.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:48 PM   #38

State: New Jersey
THOR #8931
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I know Thor Corporate reads these forums...with that said, I think its time Thor lower the boom on the "no service" dealer network. Thor is big enough, has a huge line of products and the dealers make great profits...on the RV's s well as related product sales. We should start an informative, ongoing thread here on specific dealers that refuse to service a warranted Thor product simply because they were not purchased from them. I'll start by throwing in "Southern RV" in McDonough. I was specifically told...while he chuckled in my face..."we don't do warranty work on anything not purchased from us". I told him...I tried but you didn't have what I wanted and the sales goober didn't have the time to try to find it. They didn't think I was serious about purchase...their bad!! Im going to start the thread myself in just a few minutes..."Thor Dealers That Will Not Support Thor Warranty If Not Purchased From Them".
I also would like to add Dylan's RV in Sewell New Jersey is an excellent dealer. Even though I brought my RV in Louisiana they did warranty work for me. They did excellent work. My hat is off to Dylan's RV in Sewell New Jersey.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:22 PM   #39

Model: Axis
THOR #11770
Hello Everyone,
Just replying to Hoser123 and all about Rv “Service”. We have had trouble with several dealers on our Thor Axis.
1. HILLTOP RV — Epsemg Michigan
2. Leach Thor Rv— Lincoln,Nebraska
3. GENERAL RV — JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
And others with “Did you buy it here” Problems.
I agree with everyone that Thor should be Addressing these Dealer Issues, but why would Thor—making 1.8M yearly.
Thor Customer Service has really been Fair to Us- but it’s difficult without Company Support. I mentioned to Thor about their Quality Assurance Process and Employee Pride in their plants and Their Plant Managers duties- without reply.
Our Coach sat for 4 Months in Orange Park,Jacksonville and wasn’t touched until pressured..You would’t believe the “Dog and Pony Show” this place puts on. We may buy another Rv— but not from General Rv or Rv One or NO QUALITY THOR......
I sincerely believe that when you buy- don’t Expect SERVICE- no matter what you pay,
And we can only Depend on Each Other. Good Luck Out There.