Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2014, 01:20 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
THOR Customer Care ?

I bought a new 27k Hurricane back in July and all the problems it came with. I was sent a nice letter by Thor and a card, and someone called, I told them the issues and they never called back or responded to the email I sent with pictures. Then I called cust service with the problems, sent an email in August and I have yet to get a response. I am at a loss of words now. I will be going to the Paloma, CA RV show in a couple weeks and can't wait to meet a Thor rep there. Probably anyone reading this has already bought a Thor product so you are stuck, but for those who have not seriously consider another brand. There is zero customer support here. And there is some shabby construction so you really do need it. I will say the dealer I bought it from, MHRV in Tx has payed some claims that Thor should have and has been there for us. Kudos to them for backing a product the manufacture does not really stand behind. I have fixed many of the problems myself now but do not know how to fix chassis a/c and Thor does not seem to want to find a dealer that does. I probably will just go to an RV shop and pay for that myself. Effectively there is no warranty from Thor.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:23 AM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #943
Thor Care?????? NOT!!!!!!

We have gone through many negatives with customer service with Thor.
I definitely agree, the word needs to get out about Thor's poor Q/C and poor customer service.
We purchased our NEW Thor February 13, 2014 and have only been able to use it three (3) time since purchase.
They don't seem to put there feet in anyone else's shoes.
We are so frustrated with Thor we are seriously thinking about driving to Thor Factory in Indiana, and taking Action News along with us.
The word needs to get out and people need to know they need to really think before they buy. Look at other manufacturers first.
I think going to Camping Shows and sharing customer experiences is an honest way of letting other that think they may be interested in buying a Thor product now what to expect.
SAD!!!! SAD!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
I would take it as high as you can go CEO, President, National Sales Manager. I had problems with a different company (not in the RV industry) and I made it all the way to National Sales Manager and things got corrected immediately. The big boys need to be talked to when things don't happen. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #4

Model: 2013 31L
THOR #908
I used to listen to Clark Howard back when I had more time to listen to the radio. His advice with these sort of big problems often was to document dates and names when calling "Customer No-Service", and if the issue isn't resolved to send a certified letter signature return receipt letter to the Big Dog CEO with the synopsis
keep it polite
keep it respectful
keep it reasonably short

I'll add this, I've called their Customer Service a few times now. I have no cause to rave about how great it is, but I can't really complain much either. In two cases they mailed me small low dollar parts so that I could fix a couple little issues without taking it to a dealer.
Fortunately I have not had to deal with any major issues yet, so it has only been little stuff.
My disappointment revolves around their inability to send me any meaningful documentation, drawings, schematics, etc... of my coach.

Well I guess the bigger disappointment is the larger issue of poor quality, poor QC, etc.... and the obvious lack of care about any of that.....but that is bigger than the Customer No-Service group.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #5

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
I had several complaints in regards to the quality control, or lack thereof, with the Thor manufacturing process also. Thankfully, most were minor that we had corrected prior to taking possession. Totally unbelievable how they could miss some of the items we found. Few examples; chassis air conditioning duct to passenger side vent not connected to vent, chassis air conditioning fan switch with only 2 of 4 wires connected (only worked on slow speed), putty or some foreign substance on the tile and the major one was a deep cut in the windshield about 18 inches long in driver's view. That one had to be corrected at a local glass repair shop. I put a call in to Thor's senior customer representative shortly after arriving home and voiced my displeasure with their lack of quality control standards for whatever good it does.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:06 PM   #6

Model: Challenger 37GT
State: Louisiana
THOR #625
We bought a 2015 Thor Challenger 37GT in May of this year. It has now been in the shop 3-4 times with multiple problems. Most small, but many large problems. I think the first time in was a week after we had it....I had a list of about 25 things....water pump didn't work, molding coming off, front electric shade workswhen it feels like it, white calking all over main awning, fantastic fan didn't work, screws missing here and there, gasket around outside TV stuck to compartment door, etc., etc., etc. Frustrating to say the least. Well this last time, and my rig is at the dealership as I speak, leaking
from the shower coming out above rear wheel well.....shade still not working. New one installed and they can't figure out how to adjust it, so had to get instructions from Thor. REALLY!!!!!! I can't begin to express my disappointment with the Challenger and Thor QC. I even spoke to a "Thor Rep" and he got a bit snippy with me when I told him about his poor QC......We should not have to spend this much money for such poor quality. I am truly disappointed with my coach and to be honest, I don't think I will ever buy another Thor product....I know there are some problems are to be expected, but in the shop for months at a time waiting for Thor to approve these repairs has rubbed me the wrong way.....
Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler
MRS JARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
I will be telling the rep at the upcoming RV show about the many comments here, I suggest everyone do the same as they go to shows, maybe the company will get the idea after hearing so much feedback. Certainly they do not read their forum here.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:53 PM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Quote:
Originally Posted by petef View Post
I will be telling the rep at the upcoming RV show about the many comments here, I suggest everyone do the same as they go to shows, maybe the company will get the idea after hearing so much feedback. Certainly they do not read their forum here.
This is not sponsered by Thor, It is done by volunteers to try and help to enjoy camping. If there is a Thor person here he or she is just another member
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 11:15 PM   #9

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Mississippi
THOR #827
Quote:
Originally Posted by petef View Post
Why don't you comment to the contact or owner's sections at Thor Motor Coach #1 Brand of Motorhomes | Diesel Pushers,Class A,Class B,& Class C RV s ?
Old 10-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #10

THOR #625
I received a call from a Thor Representative yesterday saying her "Vice President" saw my complaints on this forum.....When they sent me a survey, after we bought our Motorhome, I told them about all the problems we were having and how unhappy we were that we chose our Thor Motorhome. It was more of a call insuring me about how they are working on their QC at Thor......I didn't hold back. I laid it all out about the way I felt. ..I do love my Coach......but there is no way a new Coach should be back at the Dealership 4 times with multiple problems, and a few major, and we just bought it in May.....I hope they are trying to improve their QC...... I guess we will see.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:45 PM   #11

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #1169
It's interesting they called you based on your forum comments, but I'm not sure I understand what transpired. Did they offer any assistance to help address your issues, or commit to resolving your issues, or did they only tell you they are working on their quality control program? The latter would not be very helpful for you. Regards....
Old 10-16-2014, 11:53 PM   #12

THOR #625
They apologized for my many problems I am having with my coach and merely said they are working on their QC....and gave me numbers to call if I need any further help........That pretty much sums it up....And I also gave them my opinion of their QC........
Old 10-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #13

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #1169
Got it. Thanks!!!
Old 10-18-2014, 04:57 AM   #14

State: Texas
THOR #1214
Add me to the list. Brand new ACE and I'm scared to death to drive it. Chipped counter tops, screen door does not close, rear sliding bedroom doors broke off, automatic leveling system doesn't touch front levelers. And of course it a rattle box. If I keep it under 35 mph it seems tolerable. My wife and I are now fighting because I had to have it. 36 years old I should've bought a Porsche instead. Should I call my dealer 3 hours away or should I call thor? Thanks.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #15

THOR #943
Ashburner, Really sorry to hear you are going through some of the same problems we have with our Thor product. I personally would call your dealer so they are aware of the problems and I would also call Thor. Document everything that you do to get the problems taken care of. I understand your wife being upset. i don't know about you but for us it was a very large investment and we worked hard for it. Can't even begin to tell you how much money we have lost in the last 8 months since we bought our motor home. I wouldn't count it as a lost if we were able to use it and enjoy our life. But for our MH to just sit and not be usable? My wife let me choose the Motorhome of my choice, (mainly wanted the outside kitchen). This entire situation has been unbelievably stressful for me, but I will say even though it has been stressful for my wife also we are determined to handle this together. Not going to let a MH get between us after 42 yrs of marriage.
When you call Thor ask for Mike Rink. So far he has been the one to get the ball rolling with repairs. Tim Buss was the person we spoke with from Thor the past few months and go nowhere.
Their Q/C definitely needs to be revamped. If I were Thor and saw all the complaints they are getting, I would be making some changes to improve if they are putting the customer first. Good Luck!!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #16

Brand: Still Looking
Model: c class
State: Europe
THOR #1211
Hello

I am Johan from Belgium Europe, love to buy my first USA RV . But afther reading your comment here, what brand should you advice or wich dealer. I am looking for a C class Rv. I thougt Thor was a good product , but yeeee , afther reading your message here.

Hope you could give me some advice....

Greetings

Johan & Sani
Bruges Belgium
Old 10-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #17

THOR #943
Hi Johan,
We owned a C class Jayco 28D before we bought the Thor. I would take the Jayco back in a heart beat. The overall quality of the coach compared to the Thor was excellent. No comparison. If you would like me to spell out the difference I would be glad to.
I would stay away from Camping World. That has not been a very good experience either. If you go to Camping World Forum you will be able to form your own opinion from others experiences. Wish I had done that before I bought.
Good Luck,
Old 11-06-2014, 03:57 AM   #18

THOR #943
Would love to hear from someone who is having Q/C problems with there Thor state they are getting some action and someone from Thor is showing they care about their customers.
We continue to not have a coach that is usable. Thor keeps telling us what they are going to do, but we haven't seen much action yet. They always promise to keep in touch with us and update us on what their plans are to get our coach in working order.
Nothing but broken promises.
Please, Please Please, do your self a favor and don't buy a Thor.
I wouldn't wish this nightmare on my worst enemy.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:33 AM   #19

THOR #625
Thor is pitiful with their Quality Control before these rigs leave their plant......So disappointed in our rig.....You just wouldn't believe the list of problems that has had our new 2015 motorhome in the shop 4 times since we bought it in May.....If a company like Thor wants to put out a quality product, and make all these claims about being number one in the industry, then take the time and do the quality control on these rigs......I feel RV industry needs to be regulated just like automobiles are......There is just not any oversight on the RV industry.........Thor says they are "making changes" with the QC problem and trying to improve......I guess time will tell........
Old 11-06-2014, 04:46 AM   #20

THOR #943
Sadly I can say I believe your list of problems. Hope you don't have to wait for action as long as we have. November 13th will be 9 months since we purchased our coach and used it three times. I should say we took it out three times. Each of those times we had issues bad enough that we didn't have a slide and the awning on slide out was so loud we couldn't sleep. We do have our list down to 35 items that now need repaired. Haven't had a successful trip to this date.
That's well and good that Thor says they are "making changes" with the QC problem, but what about those that have purchased a coach already and can't use it. Are we suppose to roll over and play dead so we are out of their hair.
So are they looking at the future and not taking care of their customers that have a lousy coach from Thor now.
I hope they do improve for anyone that makes the mistake of buying a new Thor.