Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2020, 01:24 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #19693
Thor Delano 24fb or Tiburon 24fb

Hello.... we have made a deal on the 2021, should be in within a few weeks... having a really hard time finding anyone who has one.... so if you do, let’s say hello....

RVM#64
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:29 AM   #2

State: Colorado
THOR #20709
We are getting our Tiburon 24FB next week. How are you liking your rig? Any suggestions or concerns?
Old 10-06-2020, 05:25 AM   #3

Model: Delano 24RW
State: California
THOR #20579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Hello.... we have made a deal on the 2021, should be in within a few weeks... having a really hard time finding anyone who has one.... so if you do, let’s say hello....
We have the Delano 24RW. We love it. No complaints so far but we are new owners as well. My advice would be if you most likely use sites with hookups, travel with very little fresh water. That will buy you some room on the OCCC limitations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56B45FD8-B2E0-40F6-BD0D-B7D50821544F.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	26520   Click image for larger version

Name:	446265F6-880D-4222-B22C-AA41ABA4179F.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	26521  

Old 10-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #19693
Love our Delano

Love it so much.... not sad about downsizing fro the 40’dp.... this sweet Delano drives like a dream......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC2C7E9B-8988-4B83-A301-C6D878541F36.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	26522  
RVM#64
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:16 AM   #5

Model: Tiburon 24FB
State: Nevada
THOR #27275
I just purchased a 22 Tiburon FB. Our previous coach was a Jayco Melbourne 24L on a 2018 Sprinter chassis everything pretty basic. I had added sumo springs, Hellwig sway bar and Fox 2.5 rear shocks to improve handling. Have you found it necessary to do any chassis upgrades? Do you have any tips you can share on operating practices you have learned on your coaches?
Old 07-10-2022, 07:51 PM   #6

Model: Thor Delano 24TT
THOR #24507
We have a 24TT. 2022. Had quite a few things fixed on it . seems to be good now other than the stabilizer on the slide side is locked up. Just go through the whole coach and tighten up all the screws and nuts and bolts as there will be a lot of loose ones inside and outside the unit. Also check your transfer switch and make sure the connections are tight. It drives pretty good as long as you don’t go over 70. We drive around 65 to 67.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:06 AM   #7

State: Illinois
THOR #9479
Hello...We down sized from the Challenger this year to the Tiburon 24FB and loving it!
Drives amazing compared to the class A. Only a few minor issues so far.
Having a lot of fun with it!
Old 07-17-2022, 04:26 AM   #8

THOR #27275
My previous motorcoach on a 2018 sprinter chassis had a battery cable attachment by the accelerator pedal I could pull off when storing the Coach. Therefore stopping the engine battery from going dead. I couldn’t see one on my Tiburon? Is it at a different location on a 2021 MB sprinter chassis?
Old 08-19-2022, 11:55 PM   #9

THOR #27725
2022 Tiburon FB

We just upgraded from a B van to the Tiburon and very happy so far after about 2000 miles. Issues to date: fridge doesn’t work on propane but every other propane appliance works (not sure what to check), battery doesn’t last very long (looking at going to a 200 amp Lithium battery and going up to 300 watts of solar), cable for watching DVDs seems to be bad as the picture is broken up, needs to have a smart TV to work with the Winegard wifi, bent one of the front jack brackets since they hang down so low, tank level indicators are not very accurate. Love the space and the kitchen is very useful. Anyone else had any of these issues and what did you do?
Old 08-20-2022, 12:02 AM   #10

THOR #27725
I added the Koni FSD shocks to our 2015 Sprinter and the ride and body roll control was MUCH improved. We just upgraded to a 2022 Tiburon FB and the ride is already better but more rebound damping would be nice.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:13 AM   #11

THOR #27725
We also noticed in the rain on the FB, the water drips right in the middle of the doorway. Has anyone come up with a clever option for this annoyance?
Old 08-20-2022, 02:13 AM   #12

THOR #27275
We haven’t had ours out enough to experience any issues. We are heading out in a few days for a couple weeks. Hopefully no issues. One crazy issue is the sewer hose storage doesn’t accommodate normal sized sewer hoses. I plan on adding another house battery as I agree one may not be enough. ( I had two on my other Class C and it was perfect.).
Old 02-17-2023, 06:19 PM   #13

THOR #29038
2022 Tiburon FB

Purchased in Aug. 2022. Coach is '22, Chassis is a 2020.
Love the driving, drives like a van, handling is great for a C class, visibility is excellent, great kitchen space, very functional and comfortable. One drawback with murphy bed is that it cannot be used without extending the slide so not great for over nights in parking lots or rest stops. We put in a Dish satellite receiver, Weboost (to augment the included Winegard Connect 2.0)
Little things, tank levels inaccurate, propane gauge non functional, water pump needed to be changed out, not providing enough pressure to activate tankless water heater, tankless water heater still not providing continuous hot water, sliding door to bathroom needs to be wedged into place so as not to rattle around constantly, when 30 gal fresh water tank is filled and reads full we lose about 30% or more of the water driving down the road. I read on another thread that the problem there is the overflow is on the side of the tank and lets the water out while sloshing around, apparently the fix is the re-route the overflow pipe.
I have changed out the rear sway bar for something more substantial, changed out the two low end fans for maxxairs with covers, put in piano hingses on dinette seats so we can use the area for storage. installing a showermizer device to extend limited fresh water for showers. Still love the rig.
Old 02-17-2023, 06:20 PM   #14

THOR #29038
Noticed the same thing, looking at a plastic rain gutter extension to see if it will solve the problem.
Old 02-17-2023, 07:22 PM   #15

THOR #27275
I read on another forum that lowering the water temperature to your preferred bathing temperature when taking a shower will allow the hot water heater to keep up. I can’t confirm yet!
Like you we like the ride and handling. No plans on changing the sway bar. However I may upgrade the rear shocks to Agile Off Road Fox 2.5.
One issue we have is the table doesn’t lock in place like it should. Had to use a wire tie to keep the handle in place.
The other thing I noticed (when winterizing) was the low point water line drains. Looking at the piping schematic the outside shower in the wet bay is the drains. That seemed strange!
Also the sewer hose storage in the wet bay doesn’t allow a normal sewer hose to fit in it. Engineering must have had a bad day.
We are planning a trip from Nevada to Florida in May and will be pulling a Prius using a tow dolly. Will see how it handles.
Old 05-03-2023, 06:46 PM   #16

Brand: Still Looking
State: British Columbia
THOR #29580
Tankless water hetaer

Just wondering if anyone knows if the tankless water heater can be run while boon docking on the 12 volt batteries? Does the inverter have to be on? I'm getting a Thor Delano 24fb 2022 . It looks like it's electric only and not run with propane. Does anyone also know what brand it is? I forgot to look when I was viewing the unit.
Old 05-03-2023, 07:38 PM   #17

THOR #27275
I have the 2022 Tiburon FB on mine the electric water heater heats from propane and uses 12VDC. Ours is a Girard Tankless water heater model GSWH-2. If you open up the door on your water heater it will tell you your fuel source.
Old 05-03-2023, 07:57 PM   #18

Brand: Still Looking
State: British Columbia
THOR #29580
Re : Viper one

Thanks for the reply and what you stated is what I thought it would be.
The reason I questioned it is a You tube video from Thor that states that is fully electric and doesn't use propane. I have only put a deposit down so far and it's an hour drive from where I live to view it myself. This is a Delano and not a Tiburon but I doubt they would differ.
Old 05-03-2023, 08:10 PM   #19

THOR #29038
The tankless water heater on the Tiburon and the Delano is a Girard propane unit, not electric. Can't swear to it but I think the only electricity needed would be to ignite the unit.
Old 05-03-2023, 08:13 PM   #20

THOR #29038
The tankless water heater on the Tiburon and the Delano is a Girard propane unit, not electric. Can't swear to it but I think the only electricity needed would be to ignite the unit. 12 volt should be fine.