Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2016, 09:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #1042
e450 suspension

Looking a trading my e350 Chateau for a E450 Four Winds, what suspension is on the E450 31W, are they upgraded like the Jay ride plus? Over the last two years I've upgraded my E350 steering stabilizer, sway bars and added a tiger trc. Is the 450 already beefed up?

Thx
Denny

Old 06-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: South Carolina
THOR #3582
We have a Four Winds 31W and I have installed a steering stabilizer (Roadmaster) and a sway bar and can see the difference in all areas of handling. We have about 3K mile on the unit and also tow a toad.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #3

State: New Hampshire
THOR #2612
Unhappy 31W question

I see you have a 31w I also have one and it is a 2016. Are you able to open the door to you generator ? When I undo the two latches the door only comes down very little then hits with wall of the MH so can not open at all. For sure my Gen was put into the bay wrong so am trying to find out if just my or others are the same way.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #4

State: South Carolina
THOR #3582
My get door opens flat to the bottom of the coach. That is it drops straight down so I have complete access to the gen to change oil etc. Mine is a 2016 also so they should the same. Hope you get it fixed. I am happy I had one the other night as the campground's 50 amp breaker to my site went south and they had to change it but in the meantime I had the gen to keep the AC working since the temps were in the low 90"s.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:14 PM   #5

State: New Hampshire
THOR #2612
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogent View Post
My get door opens flat to the bottom of the coach. That is it drops straight down so I have complete access to the gen to change oil etc. Mine is a 2016 also so they should the same. Hope you get it fixed. I am happy I had one the other night as the campground's 50 amp breaker to my site went south and they had to change it but in the meantime I had the gen to keep the AC working since the temps were in the low 90"s.
Thanks for input. As many other things on MH have been wrong or not working right it sure looks as though the generator was installed in the bay wrong. I have a call into Thor but have not heard back from them yet.