Originally Posted by lilacrosie
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Thor Hurricane 27k. Getting nervous too.
I purchased a 27k several months ago and I have to warn you about a few items before you leave the dealership.
1. Have them check and assure that every tile is inflated to the pressure recommended by the label located on the wall directly under the driver's side window.
2. Have them tighten the front sway bar to is highest position.
3. Beware of the pull-out pantry cabinet next to the refrigerator. If both latches (top and bottom) are not properly working then the door of this cabinet will pop open and slam into the cabinet door next to the bathroom.
4. Have them physically show you where the hot water bypass valves are located and what you must do to access them.
5. Have them physically show you how to drain your fresh water tank.
6. As soon as you can arrange it, have a shop check the RV's wheel alignment and tire balance.
My experience the first time that I drove my new RV was a white knuckled one from Kansas City to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. I didn't understand what I didn't know and had to learn the hard way. I have made several more minor modifications and would share them. Presently, we are enjoying our RV, but I've had to developed a new definition for what an RV truely is. Definition of an RV; "A hobby on wheels". Good luck.... Paul