Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2023, 08:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22B
State: South Carolina
THOR #24186
Thoughts on 2018 Thor Hurricane 29M?

We're looking at upsizing from a Class C 2018 Four Winds to a small Class A.

We're considering a 2018 Hurricane 29M. I'd be interested in hearing feedback from anyone who owns a similar unit.

Thanks in advance!

Old 04-01-2023, 09:18 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
The 29M is what we currently have in the driveway. I like it, the wife doesn't. My biggest complaint is the location of the TV. Hers is the ride quality. It does beat you to death on the interstate but on better highways it is acceptable, to me anyway. All the other stuff like piss poor build quality and peeling seats is in the rear view mirror.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 11:34 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosnbrg View Post

We're considering a 2018 Hurricane 29M. I'd be interested in hearing feedback from anyone who owns a similar unit.

Thanks in advance!
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 10:48 AM   #4

State: Michigan
THOR #17235
We have a 2020 29m, we are in the 3rd year of ownership and my wife and I still like it as much as we ever did. The floor plan is perfect for us, king bed is great, lots of storage in the living space. TV is positioned good for us as we always sit in the captain’s chairs when parked. The outdoor kitchen turned out to be of more use than we initially thought it would and I am now glad we have it. We tow a small car and there is plenty of power for that. The build quality was poor, but no different than other similar Thor models we looked at. I have done quite a lot of work on it myself, mainly handling and soundproofing upgrades, and now it is a pleasure to drive. This is the only motor home we have ever owned and it will most likely stay that way. We have driven it from Michigan to south Texas three times now and hopefully many more times.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:53 AM   #5

State: Michigan
THOR #17235
I forgot to mention that at first while shopping for a motorhome we only looked at class C’s, but after experiencing the huge windshield and all the drivers leg room (I am 6’3”) in a class A there was no looking back!
Old 04-09-2023, 01:10 AM   #6

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosnbrg View Post

Thanks in advance!
We got a Windsport 29m in 2018 and LOVE IT!! The perfect size for 2 people. Be prepared to fix things because Thor RV's are cheap and don't use quality parts or durable items!!! The cheaper the components the more profit, but you may get one that never gives you grief?? I've repaired many things and had many systems repaired or replaced but I still own it and it serves me well. If I had it to do over I would have tried to find a Coachman or a Fleetwood that was a better fit but I try to never look back, YOU CAN ALWAYS SPEND MORE MONEY but not necessary get more coach, It's a crap shoot???? Good luck and pay to have it gone thru, worth a couple hundred bucks to be safe,, "NOT SORRY"!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2023, 06:12 PM   #7

State: Florida
THOR #28962
I have a 2018 Hurricane 34J. It has the same engine and chassis as you Hurricane 29’, so it will give you more towing power and a smoother uphill ride than mine. But mine runs great, I just took it on a 6000 mile trip last summer and towed a 4500 lb SUV on a 1000lb tow dolly. Only one problem, just check the bearings, and ball joints on the front suspension. They will probably hold up better on your smaller unit, but the steering loosened up at the end of my trip and I needed an alignment.