Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2019, 02:16 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Dash AC air displacement

I have the issue that when using the dash air that it quits almost entirely blowing on the driver side but is super strong on the passenger side. I have checked all the vacuum tubes and none appear to be leaking, occasionally I can turn the ac off and wait 30 seconds or so then turn back on and it will blow but eventually stops again. Its like a vacuum pot isnt holding. Any clues
2015 ACE 29.3

Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:10 AM   #2

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I don’t have the correct vacuum diagram for my coach or yours, but I am attaching a diagram that “may” provide some similarities to what we both actually have. If so, then your air flow problem from the instrument panel air register on the driver side should behave the same for max a/c; normal a/c and vent vacuum switch positions?
I “wonder” if it is the vacuum motor pulling the panel door to the full on vacuum position, but then slowly releasing it partially (maybe a leaking pin hole in a vacuum motor diaphragm ?). The fact the air flow is good on the driver side for a short while, then slowly shuts off would suggest a vacuum motor (assuming the vacuum switch control is good with no vacuum leaks). If the instrument panel air registers "air flow panel door" was jamming part way when vacuum is applied, then I would think the air to the driver side would never be full on initially.......but of course that is a WAG.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Conditioning Dash.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	20110  
Old 09-08-2019, 02:29 AM   #3

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Well I don’t have the correct vacuum diagram for my coach or yours, but I am attaching a diagram that “may” provide some similarities to what we both actually have. If so, then your air flow problem from the instrument panel air register on the driver side should behave the same for max a/c; normal a/c and vent vacuum switch positions?
I “wonder” if it is the vacuum motor pulling the panel door to the full on vacuum position, but then slowly releasing it partially (maybe a leaking pin hole in a vacuum motor diaphragm ?). The fact the air flow is good on the driver side for a short while, then slowly shuts off would suggest a vacuum motor (assuming the vacuum switch control is good with no vacuum leaks). If the instrument panel air registers "air flow panel door" was jamming part way when vacuum is applied, then I would think the air to the driver side would never be full on initially.......but of course that is a WAG.
Great info Javelin! I will see if I can make use of it. I am sure the general idea appies and I think you are spot on about a diaphragm leaking, it is just so difficult to get to them under the dash on my unit. Thanks for the info!
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote