Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2019, 11:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Quebec
THOR #16652
Tilt a view Bed

I'm looking to buy the 2018 Challenger 37TB and I have a question about the Tilt King size bed. Is it possible to leave the bed open (down) when the slide are in? In the 15 to 17 model the bed was the same size and it was ok to sleep when the slides were in. Thanks

Old 09-08-2019, 02:47 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Florida
THOR #6952
I can only speak about the Aria, but the I believe the Challenger is the same, the bed must be tilted up before the slides will come in. However, it is a King bed so you can sleep on it while the slides are in, just north/south rather than east/west.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:35 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I currently have a 2015 Challenger 37ND. When the slides are in the bed is al the way against the dresser/drawers. It is impossible to get to the Wardrobe without climbing over the bed.

On the newer versions I looked at that have the tilting bed when the bed is up and the slide is in the bed is against the wardrobe. I also noticed that most of the new 37 footers have slides on opposing walls so when the slides are in you will lose space in a hurry. Also the bed size looks to be 72 x 76. If you are over 5'5" tall sleeping on the bed sideways may be difficult.

Recommend you ask to see the unit with slides out and then with slides in. We recently looked at a 2020 Aria 4000 and after the slides cam in we walked away. Today we put down a deposit on an Entegra Super C.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote