Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Last Day/Night In Challenger

We are spending our last 24 hours in our 2014 Thor Challenger. We purchased this coach used almost 2 years ago. We traveled a lot putting approximately 11,000 miles on her. Except for some minor adjustments here and there, plus some suspension upgrades, it has been trouble free and a good RV.

Right from the start Thor Customer Relations were great to work with. I never had to contact them for repair issues, but at the suggestion from others on this forum I contacted them and requested drawings for my coach. They sent everything I requested and more!

In our recent 2 month search for a DP we did not discount Thor Tuscany. IMHO they offered a lot of bang for the buck in a larger DP. In the end it came down to Tuscany, Tiffin, and Newmar. If you visit owner sites for any of these brands you will see that they all can have issues. I am guessing that you can get stuck with a "bad unit" at any price point and in any brand's line up.

We ended up making the deal on a Newmar. We found the perfect floorplan and options we wanted in a 42+ configuration. They have a different drive system where the tag axle turns in addition to some other suspension features. Once I drove it I would have purchased it even if the inside was lawn furniture, that is how nice it drove!

Anyway, we begin another full time adventure. Who knows what the next few years will bring. When the day comes and we need to move back into a sticknbrick, and downsize our RV, I will not hesitate to look at medium Thor coaches. We certainly have had very good luck with this one!

US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Florida
THOR #6310
Congrats on the new coach! Newmar was our second choice behind Thor. It was a tough choice. In the end we picked our Challenger, and price was a big decider. Love that kitchen in your GT, though! I was sorry to see it discontinued in the Challenger line. Did you sell the GT?

Happy trails!!
Old 11-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Congrats on the new ride. We are seriously considering the Newmar Ventana 4310 for a near future (2018) purchase.

Enjoy
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Congrats on the Ventana! We had seriously considered a Newmar Bay Star at one point but kept looking and are glad that we did. Safe travels and check back in with us from time to time! You're still family! :-)
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:30 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Congratulations. Glad you found a large unit that handles good.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
"Moving on up..."
Congratulations: May you find many more "Miles & Smiles" with your new pride and joy!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote