Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2015, 07:43 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas
State: Iowa
THOR #2078
Iowa Lemon Law

The legislature would actually have to amend the statute for it to cover RVs. With Republicans in control, I doubt that will happen. Winnebago is located in Iowa and would lobby extensively against extending their home state lemon laws to RVs.

I am a lawyer but I hate to play that card to get responsive service, but sometimes I just have to.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #42

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Like spark plugs! LOL Changing out the spark plugs on any V-10 application is difficult. On the F-Series the passenger rear two plugs are a pain in the #*$% to get to. The E-Series has its own challenges.
Ford just doesn't learn! I own an old 2002 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 with a V8. My engine decided to spit out one of the sparkplugs, behind the firewall!

When I called around to get it repaired, some local dealerships insisted on removing the entire body from the chassis in their quote, to gain access to that plug, (they need to re-thread the cylinder head)! Insane!

I ended up calling a mobile repair guy, (Blownoutsparkplug.com), that came to my home and repaired it on my driveway! Without removing the body.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #43

THOR #2078
Engine working well the second season

We have started our second season of camping and so far the engine is working well. Some minor coach issues, nothing major. We are learning to live in the rig and like many of its features.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #44

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Consider coming to Cody WY to see the museum. You will be amazed, it takes two days to go through it. Then enjoy a beautiful drive to the east gate of Yellowstone... we have lots of good RV parks here. And a ton of things to see and do. Keep the thread alive! What part of Iowa are you from?
Old 05-30-2016, 02:35 AM   #45

THOR #2078
Wyoming

We are postponing our trip out west because we have a new puppy we need to train....

I live in the Iowa Quad Cities area, LeClaire actually which is where Buffalo Bill Cody is from, until his folks moved him west. Our main street is named Cody and we also have an elementary school named after him too.

Our house sits on the river bluff and we can see the Mississippi and Illinois from our deck.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #46

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #8937
Follow up 2 years later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
We have started our second season of camping and so far the engine is working well. Some minor coach issues, nothing major. We are learning to live in the rig and like many of its features.
I have followed your escapade with the blown engine with interest. It's now Aug 2017 and my wife and I are now looking at the Thor Vegas/Axis (same coach, different trim). Any update(s) on your original postings? I always look for advise from those that have had the problems to see how it all resolved. Thank you for you time.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:41 PM   #47

THOR #2078
We did not have anymore engine problems. However this year we traded it in for a 2017 Thor Chateau, 32 feet long, Class C. The Vegas was just too small to use for two people, four dogs on agility event weekends. The beds were left set up for quick morning escapes and naps, and there just was not enough seating and cooking and inside storage space.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:34 AM   #48

THOR #8937
Quote:
We did not have anymore engine problems. However this year we traded it in for a 2017 Thor Chateau, 32 feet long, Class C. The Vegas was just too small to use for two people, four dogs on agility event weekends. The beds were left set up for quick morning escapes and naps, and there just was not enough seating and cooking and inside storage space.
Very good to know. I am also thinking of a Class C (B+ I guess) just for ease of engine maintenance. Nothing big, maybe a Siesta or something like that. Thank you for your quick reply.

Pete
Old 08-31-2017, 04:24 PM   #49

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Very sad, sure you will have full warranty coverage from Ford but how disappointing for you.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:17 PM   #50
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Congratulations on the new rig! How is it working out for you?
Were there any unusual issues that popped -up at "trade-in time"?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:35 PM   #51

THOR #8920
Glad Too See another Silicon Valley Person on here!!! I'm also still looking and doing my research.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:41 PM   #52
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyh99 View Post
Glad Too See another Silicon Valley Person on here!!! I'm also still looking and doing my research.
Perhaps it's time to "pull the trigger"!

Gunner 1.gif

What have you narrowed the field down to?
Attached Images

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:03 PM   #53

THOR #8920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Perhaps it's time to "pull the trigger"!

Gunner 1.gif

What have you narrowed the field down to?
Soon!! Very Soon.. just getting things straighten out..taking notes and doing my research first. Narrowed it down to the 31W -30D or the 31L

Tags
blown engine, vegas