Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-14-2017, 08:38 PM   #21
FEZ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar
State: Ohio
THOR #7381
Yes.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:06 PM   #22

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Come on Dave you know its all about the money. There are tons of upgrades they could do but that would raise the price. Lots of people dont want to pay more. If they do they can do the upgrades themselves like we do

Jerry
I know, just venting! I'm like you, like to tinker and actually happy there are things to do, but the cup holders???
Old 07-14-2017, 11:08 PM   #23
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZ View Post
Are you that person? Just wondering.
LOL yeah it seems that way if you look at my post count but alas tis not I.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:00 AM   #24

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
Miramar 33.4

Quote:
Okay, we picked up our unit on May 18th from a dealer in TX and realized we had a lever, slide, generator, drain value and door issues but due to time restraints we had to leave immediately. They recommended us to get a hold of our local Thor dealer to correct the issues. To this date only the drain valve and generator display has been fixed. I have brought to a local Thor dealer twice with multiple guarantees that this or that will fix everything. Yesterday I drove it an hour to dealer again to get the levers, slide and compartment doors fix. I drove it home four hours later with none of the new parts fixing anything. I have been in contact with Thor though this whole ordeal and they are only hand holding our issues, and yesterday I finally requested a new unit through Thor, which I doubt will happen but I had to start playing hard ball. Has anyone had this issue and if so how did you rectify the issue? Any insight is appreciated, thanks!
Yes..... We have! Bought a 2017 Miramar 33.4 last June. Had huge expectations - but are now caught up in litigation. The full wall slide came with 2 tracks (when it was supposed to come w/ 3Trac system). RV dealer replaced the system. But it failed over and over and had it returned to us with a 2 inch slide drift issue.... Sent it back to Indiana in December - only to get it back still broken (drifted out 2 inches in multiple spots).

We had no other alternative but to get a third party involved for resolution. We "revoked acceptance" of our RV and are now in what we expect will be a lenghty court battle. We refused to take a new RV (which they offered) which will likely incur the same malfunctions down the road. The slide system, in our experience, is mismanaged and under-engineered. It is just too heavy for the Schwintek motor system.

We are sooooo upset with our Miramar full wall slide and feel that Thor has been unreasonable in our dealings thus far.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:42 PM   #25
FEZ

Model: Miramar
State: Ohio
THOR #7381
Redemption

Hi All,
As of today, THOR has totally redeemed themselves! THOR had sent at factory tech to my local RV dealer today and he fixed everything on my unit. I know some people are negative against THOR, but them a chance and they will make it right. Thanks!
Old 07-22-2017, 05:36 AM   #26

THOR #4636
recurring slide malfunctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recguide10 View Post
Your warranty only lasts a year. I made three trips to Thor from Ma. Well worth it and it gets done right.
Not Necessarily! While I won't argue that Thor does have the most qualified mechanics/technicians with the best knowledge and experience. One would expect that your new Miramar 34.3 RV, with recurring slide issues, would be properly diagnosed and fixed. Especially when it is the 4th repair and the RV is traveling (at Thor's expense) over 900 miles one way from Massachusetts.

That just wasn't the case with us. Forcing us into now 4 months of litigation for resolution. I hope this does not happen to any of you.

RVing is too much fun! Sad story here........
Old 07-22-2017, 09:35 PM   #27

Brand: Keystone
Model: Alpine 3401RS
State: Florida
THOR #6288
Laberj45

What's you want for your MH. I might be interested.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:37 PM   #28

THOR #4636
Miramar 34.3

We relinquished ownership. It is at the dealer still broken.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:26 PM   #29

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by laberj45 View Post
Yes..... We have! Bought a 2017 Miramar 33.4 last June. Had huge expectations - but are now caught up in litigation. The full wall slide came with 2 tracks (when it was supposed to come w/ 3Trac system). RV dealer replaced the system. But it failed over and over and had it returned to us with a 2 inch slide drift issue.... Sent it back to Indiana in December - only to get it back still broken (drifted out 2 inches in multiple spots).

We had no other alternative but to get a third party involved for resolution. We "revoked acceptance" of our RV and are now in what we expect will be a lenghty court battle. We refused to take a new RV (which they offered) which will likely incur the same malfunctions down the road. The slide system, in our experience, is mismanaged and under-engineered. It is just too heavy for the Schwintek motor system.

We are sooooo upset with our Miramar full wall slide and feel that Thor has been unreasonable in our dealings thus far.
get in touch with you local TV station and ask them if they do investigating reporting. Maybe putting these issues on the air for everyone to see might put a fire under someone .
Old 07-22-2017, 10:33 PM   #30

THOR #4636
Miramar 34.3

I am exploring this option as we speak. It really is an interesting situation that we have encountered.

We have made every possible effort to have our defective slide fixed - and even dealt with the RV being sold to us with the wring slide motor mechanisms.....

We just can't figure Thor out and might need to go that route......
Old 07-22-2017, 11:44 PM   #31
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by laberj45 View Post
I am exploring this option as we speak. It really is an interesting situation that we have encountered.

We have made every possible effort to have our defective slide fixed - and even dealt with the RV being sold to us with the wring slide motor mechanisms.....

We just can't figure Thor out and might need to go that route......
Sorry, but I'm confused. If you relinquished ownership as you stated in another thread, why would you need to take any route?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:44 AM   #32

THOR #4636
2017 Miramar 34.3 slide malfunction

Dave,

"Revoked acceptance" is the proper term I suppose...... We really haven't relinquished ownership. Not really sure who owns the RV right now from a technical point of view as we have been in litigation for 5 months now. I suppose the financial institution owns it.

We were just trying to get the darned thing fixed - and agreed to send it to Thor for a 4th fix. Mind you, there were many other things wrong with the RV. But we are experienced RVers and knew that many small things go wrong (that is usually what happens with a new RV). Usually things are fixed after a visit or two back to the dealer.

Our issue with the slide drift and motor malfunctions was a "major issue". When it came back from Thor still broken - we refused to let the dealer access the boxes and "grind them down" as they proposed for a 5th fix attempt. So we "revoked acceptance" through an attorney. We have no sort of authorization to do anything to it (surely not sell it) until our issue is resolved.

Thor has negotiated. But after our full wall slide fiasco, would you feel confident putting $153,000 into the same system that failed so miserably? It slides out when we drive - and can't be fixed.... While I won't comment on exact offers, but some were outrageously unfair.

So I guess when I say, "relinquished ownership" - it means that we don't have an RV, and are sitting in our living room this summer with 3 teenagers that soon will not want to camp with us any more...... Our issue is not resolved, we have hired an attorney and are truly upset at how the dealership sold us ill manufactured RV and how Thor has failed to repair - despite our reasonable efforts.

Hope this clarifies it, and thanks for asking. I really do wish we were not in this situation! Today would have been an awesome camping day on the Cape Cod Canal..... Happy Camping Dave.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:10 AM   #33
Site Team

THOR #1469
Thanks for the clarification.

When I was at the outer banks the month of May there were at least 6 Miramars that came through the campground. I talked to a few of the owners and nobody mentioned problems with the slide other than the length of the slide topper and the bowing of the topper roller, especially with the rains we were getting.

With that said, and the way my mind works, since the slide room and mechanical items (tracks, motors etc...) are used on a number of coaches not having the same issue I would question the construction of the coach body around the slide opening. Is it possible the coach wall was constructed in such a manner that it is causing the repeated problems with the slide. It could also be that the initial problem has a down stream effect on the coach wall and is now causing repeated failures. It may be far fetched but anything is possible.
FMCA - F432054
Old 07-23-2017, 01:44 AM   #34

Model: Four Winds 26B
THOR #6414
Quote:
Hi All,
As of today, THOR has totally redeemed themselves! THOR had sent at factory tech to my local RV dealer today and he fixed everything on my unit. I know some people are negative against THOR, but them a chance and they will make it right. Thanks!
Congratulations. I hope they redeem themselves with us too. We're still waiting for a resolution. Pretty sure it's going to take more than a technician to turn our E350 into an E450. I made contact with them again last week but it's back to the silent treatment. I have all the documentation proving it should have been an E450. Their website, their brochure, and the build sheet I filled out and emailed the dealer. They don't make an E350 with 22,000 GCVW. Or !4,500 GVW. The build sheet actually states E450.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-12_10h29_50.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	6010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170115_0001.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	6011  

Old 07-23-2017, 01:56 AM   #35

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Don't slides come with manual braces that would keep them from opening while traveling? Kind of a safety lock?

I don't have a slide nor need/want one, but recall reading on this forum some of you describe a brace for each end of slide that is propped between back side of slide and wall while driving.

Do i recall correctly? Do they work? Would it help here?
Old 07-23-2017, 02:09 AM   #36

State: California
THOR #8416
Miramar problems

Goodness! We are contemplating purchasing a Windsport. Not enjoying hearing about the slide out problems, refusing acceptance, and that level of stress trying to get warranty work done. 😱🤔
Old 07-23-2017, 02:10 AM   #37

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceret View Post
Congratulations. I hope they redeem themselves with us too. We're still waiting for a resolution. Pretty sure it's going to take more than a technician to turn our E350 into an E450. I made contact with them again last week but it's back to the silent treatment. I have all the documentation proving it should have been an E450. Their website, their brochure, and the build sheet I filled out and emailed the dealer. They don't make an E350 with 22,000 GCVW. Or !4,500 GVW. The build sheet actually states E450.

You may have a problem in that it also says at bottom something like "price and specifications are subject to change without notice".

I'm no attorney so I don't know to what degree that protects them.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:15 AM   #38

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego travelers View Post
Goodness! We are contemplating purchasing a Windsport. Not enjoying hearing about the slide out problems, refusing acceptance, and that level of stress trying to get warranty work done. 😱🤔
There are several of us that have Windsports and love them! Only minor warranty problems, otherwise a great coach! I would buy another one and I'm sure several others would too!!!
Old 07-23-2017, 02:34 AM   #39

Model: Windsport 31S
THOR #4443
Quote:
What does the VIN # say. If the VIN says its a E350 it doesn't matter what Thor says. They just built the coach on the wrong chassis.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:50 AM   #40
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
You say "turn our E350 into an E450". Did you accept the coach and drive off the dealer's lot with the E350 emblems on both sides of the cab?

In your case Thor's disclaimer on their website (located in the terms of use, is:

"The depictions of recreational vehicles on this Website are for general information purposes only as to recreational vehicles assembled by Thor Motor Coach during the current model year. Since we continually strive to improve our products, actual products may differ and prices, specifications and features (including styling, colors, construction, equipment and materials) are subject to change without notice."

Their brochures have a statement that reads something like the specs, colors features etc... at the date the brochure was printed which is generally located on the last page right below the disclaimer. In fact this section is titles "Important - Please Read" in all caps, bold font. Any order placed after the date printed on that brochure could have different specs.

A similar description is on the order form. And as a note on this, you only have an order form and not a build sheet. The build sheet lists all components assembled to include the model and serial numbers for those components. The production hard card page of the build sheet will list the chassis to include VIN, wheelbase if applicable, tire size etc...

Yes, your order form says E450 but it also states prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.

If your dealer know you wanted the E450 Chassis your beef may be more with them than with Thor.
FMCA - F432054