Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2016, 09:10 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Iowa
THOR #5456
Trailer lights

I have a 2016 Thor Ace 30.2 I do not have turn signals or brake lights on my tow dolly while hooked up to rv I searched book and found breakers for trailer turn signals but my fuse box does not look like the one in book. Can anyone tell me where to look.

Old 09-18-2016, 12:20 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
If you are referring to fuse box under the hood, all the fuses should be labeled, even if it looked different the fuses should be labeled either next to the fuse or on the lid. I would hook a meter to the plug on the coach and see if you have power, problem could be with your trailer. Also make sure you have a good ground between the two, many times not having a good ground is the only problem. If you don't have power at the plug then you can start tracing back, might be unhooked wire or plug. Good luck!!!
Old 09-18-2016, 12:41 PM   #3

THOR #5456
I have lights on the trailer when hooked up to truck and I checked for power at rv plug I only have tail lights. The book shows left and right trailer breakers on the fuse panel inside by the brake pedal. The fuse box I found is not the same and it is not labeled it says see Manuel.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #4

THOR #5196
If it works hooked to your truck then that leaves the coach to blame. I would check the fuses that aren't labeled and see if one or both are bad and go from there. Tracing down electrical gremlins can be very time consuming and a pain!
Old 09-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #5

THOR #5456
I know I am a mechanic. I don't think it is a fuse I think it is a breaker. I will just have to test all the breakers
Old 09-18-2016, 11:58 PM   #6

THOR #5196
Good luck, know what a pain that can be. Had a Sportscoach, when you turned on high beams all the lights would go dead! Took two weeks to find the problem, wire shorted out under the doghouse! Wasn't sure I was ever going to find the problem.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:30 AM   #7
jro

State: Ohio
THOR #8478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverghost302 View Post
I have a 2016 Thor Ace 30.2 I do not have turn signals or brake lights on my tow dolly while hooked up to rv I searched book and found breakers for trailer turn signals but my fuse box does not look like the one in book. Can anyone tell me where to look.
I have the exact same issue with our 2016 Thor Ace 30.2 . I can hook our lights up to my Jeep and they work fine but nothing on the RV. Were you able to find the breaker or fuse for the tow lights?
Old 04-04-2020, 12:29 PM   #8

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Older fords used fuses not breakers for the trailer lights. Get out your test light, turn on your turn signal and probe the fuses looking for the flashing.

(Yes, I was a mechanic in my previous life.)