Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2022, 10:52 PM   #1

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
Window Replacement

I posted several months ago about the break-in on my Challenger coach while it was in storage. The thief broke two windows to gain entry, the front passenger side window and a window on the driver’s side (over the recliners in the living area).

I ordered the two replacement windows through Camping World three months ago. I just found out that one window (the front passenger side) has shipped and is on the way. The second window is back ordered and may be shipped end of March, but who knows really.

The coach isn’t usable with the missing windows and we’re itching to get back on the road. Once I get the front window replaced, I’m thinking I will try to do a temporary fix on the back window until it arrives, so we can use the coach again. Maybe a piece of plexiglass affixed to the outside of the window frame? Any ideas?

Old 02-19-2022, 11:50 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
tryrameless
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTig View Post
I posted several months ago about the break-in on my Challenger coach while it was in storage. The thief broke two windows to gain entry, the front passenger side window and a window on the driver’s side (over the recliners in the living area).

I ordered the two replacement windows through Camping World three months ago. I just found out that one window (the front passenger side) has shipped and is on the way. The second window is back ordered and may be shipped end of March, but who knows really.

The coach isn’t usable with the missing windows and we’re itching to get back on the road. Once I get the front window replaced, I’m thinking I will try to do a temporary fix on the back window until it arrives, so we can use the coach again. Maybe a piece of plexiglass affixed to the outside of the window frame? Any ideas?
If the side window's frame is intact any automotive glass plate can replace the lite in the frame. For frame-less windows try <https://elkrv.com/collections/frameless-windows>
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 01:36 AM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
RECPROhttps://www.recpro.com/rv-frameless-window-24-w-x-20-h/
Old 02-20-2022, 04:42 PM   #4

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
Thanks for the suggestions.