Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2021, 09:33 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #23672
Tuscany 40RT Questions

We have narrowed it down to the Thor Tuscany 40RT, and looking at a barely used 2021.

Couple of questions to which I can't find answers:

1. Is there an available/not used power outlet in the far left (facing the windshield from inside) cabinet above the driver? I ask this because it appears if there is, then this is the only power outlet available to the person sleeping in the drop down over the cab bunk.

2. A Canadian site lists the GAWR front as 14,600 and GAWR rear: 24000. Are those value accurate for US models? I can't imagine that Freightliner would use different axles in Canada.

3. It's advertised that the induction top in the kitchen can be removed and taken outside for use. Wow! Has anyone done this?

4. I have heard antidotally that there were many quality control issues in the 2018-2019 years and that Thor took direct action to correct this. Have others heard this?

Old 06-01-2021, 09:49 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
what is 'free' ? not sure what you mean.

I don't imagine that CA vs USA freightliner chassis are any different, but asking THOR or FL would be the best option

Induction cooktops are quite easy and portable - they just plug in.

control issues? sure, all factories have them.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:51 PM   #3

THOR #23672
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post

I don't imagine that CA vs USA freightliner chassis are any different, but asking THOR or FL would be the best option

Free, meaning not used for the satellite and TV gear. Free meaning not being used for something so I wouldn't have to unplug any gear using it.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:53 PM   #4

THOR #23672
Quote:

Thank you for taking the time to answer. If you take the induction unit outside you just plug them into a power cord?
Mike
Old 06-01-2021, 09:56 PM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
yes, the induction cooktop is no different than you portable grill or flat top...

as for 'free' outlets, I would assume that no factory puts so few outlets in the coach that you 'run out' even before you start - but, having said that, it really is up to YOU as to what is 'plugged in' to your outlets. Even so, an extension cord solves many problems.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:00 PM   #6

THOR #23672
Quote:
yes, the induction cooktop is no different than you portable grill or flat top...

as for 'free' outlets, I would assume that no factory puts so few outlets in the coach that you 'run out' even before you start - but, having said that, it really is up to YOU as to what is 'plugged in' to your outlets. Even so, an extension cord solves many problems.
Thank you.
What I'm trying to find out is when the drop down bunk over the cab is being used, is there an unused power outlet available to the person sleeping there without each night running an extension cord. One of the factor reps told me he thought that the far left cabinet over the driver's head had an used power outlet available and that that outlet is easily available to the person sleeping in the bunk.
Again, thank you.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:08 AM   #7

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
IN the Aria the outlets are in the front left storage compartment

Tags
tuscany electrical