Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2017, 03:09 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #8174
Tuscany 45AT Dash Air Sucks

Does anyone on the forum have a 45AT that is experiencing Dash air problems. Mine is a 2015 and the air did not work when new. The Thor Tech could not work on it as he was not licensed. I was given the ok to get it repaired locally. Chucks Mobile Air came out and found a plugged up Drier and replaced it. after a recharge the unit evaporator tube going into the plenum read 47 degrees but the discharge air would not go any lower then 61. Thor claims to have pulled the plenum and resealed it to keep warm air from being sucked in along the sides and top. still not any better. The recycled air intake is under the dash all the way up near the firewall and is nothing but a small slot cut into the firewall. i moved some flex duct tube out of the way to allow for a better flow but still no improvement. I'm looking for someone who has had the same issue and just maybe came up with a solution.
Let me know if you have?

Old 07-05-2017, 03:13 AM   #2

Model: Chateau 31E
THOR #7695
Have them check the heater warm air damper gate. It may not be closing properly allowing warm air to migrate into the system causing higher temps.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:33 AM   #3

THOR #8174
Quote:
Originally Posted by opsmp View Post
Have them check the heater warm air damper gate. It may not be closing properly allowing warm air to migrate into the system causing higher temps.
This unit has a piggy backed heater core with a control valve to regulate the hot water flow. I've already installed shut off on both hoses. Still now improvement.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:03 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 22e
State: Virginia
THOR #7211
Sounds like it blows rather than sucks. [emoji846]
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport
iDrive55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:28 PM   #5

THOR #8174
Tuscany 45AT Dash Air Sucks

The Installation of the Plenum on the outside of the firewall looks like a couple of two year old kids did it. No craftsmanship what so ever. If it wasn't for the grey spray foam they wouldn't know how to do anything. They spray that crap everywhere so they can cover up all their mistakes and F-ups. The plenum drain spout had a plastic hose attached with a long screw right through it which blocked off half of the opening. Debris and crap collected behind the screw and the condensate water found it's way out by dripping on the generator. On the inside where I could reach, I pulled out a boat load of debris including cuttings of wood, long strips of plastic and hunks of paper. It wouldn't surprise me if the evaporator core is blocked with more junk. I have an endoscope that works with an iPhone that I'm going to thread in there to see if I can spot anything. If not I'm going to pull the plenum off and see whats going on. More fun. it just irks the crap out of me that you have to put up with this kind of bull. Grrrrrr. Definitely the last Thor product I ever buy.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #6

Model: Four Winds 22e
State: Virginia
THOR #7211
I thought mine was bad. I know where you are coming from.
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport
iDrive55 is offline   Reply With Quote