Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2022, 10:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Arkansas
THOR #4438
Plastic glide under slideout in tuscany

Anyone know where I can get a replacement for the plastic glide under my slide out. I noticed it was broken when I pulled my old carpet for replacement. Piece is about 2 3/4 inches by 2 1/4 inches, and is taper for the slide out to glide over it when retracting into the coach.

In the photo, lower right corner, it's the small white plastic device inside the black plastic frame .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221107_161602.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	40056   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221107_161808.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	40057  

Old 11-07-2022, 11:24 PM   #2

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Start off with your vin and the Thor help number. Several companies carry them, and most are located in or near Elkhart.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:53 PM   #3

Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
i have used a material called starboard from west marine
its a dense poly slick materiel and you can cut it with normal hand tools

the slide stuff is just nylon, so if thor is no help or cost is crazy.
google nylon blocks in the thickness or at west marine
Old 11-08-2022, 08:45 PM   #4

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by markaasmund View Post
Anyone know where I can get a replacement for the plastic glide under my slide out. I noticed it was broken when I pulled my old carpet for replacement. Piece is about 2 3/4 inches by 2 1/4 inches, and is taper for the slide out to glide over it when retracting into the coach.

In the photo, lower right corner, it's the small white plastic device inside the black plastic frame .
There is a guy with a video for a Tiffin. he ordered the parts from Tiffin, it was called a kit with the plastic slides and new screws. I would think Thor would have them also, he replaced about 10 on his so far
Old 11-09-2022, 11:37 PM   #5

THOR #4438
Thanks for all the replies and ideas. I contacted Thor parts and was able to procure a replacement. I found out the material is a block of specifically shaped teflon designed for the slide out, and comes in 9 inch long pieces. I will cut it to the needed length (about 3 inches) and keep the rest in case I need it. Pricey, but it is a uniquely shaped item and want to install it before we head south for the winter. Blocks of teflon are available on line in case the vendor for this unique item quits making them.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:53 PM   #6

THOR #4438
I forgot to mention, I looked at the video of the man installing the new slide glides in his coach. Same product and shaped slightly different, but mine are placed totally inside, and very easy to get to. I have 6 in total, and only the one was slightly damaged. Mine should take about 1 minute to replace-thank goodness.
Old 11-10-2022, 12:06 AM   #7

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
THOR #20274
Quote:
I forgot to mention, I looked at the video of the man installing the new slide glides in his coach. Same product and shaped slightly different, but mine are placed totally inside, and very easy to get to. I have 6 in total, and only the one was slightly damaged. Mine should take about 1 minute to replace-thank goodness.
The guy on YouTube said he was going to put a lubricant on it do you think that would help?
Old 11-10-2022, 04:30 AM   #8

THOR #4438
I'm going to spray a little silicone on each of the slide guides-can't hurt it!
Old 11-10-2022, 11:43 AM   #9

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
I use PTFE for any application requirements that require friction reduction

There are a lot of issues with silicon spray
Old 11-10-2022, 01:49 PM   #10

THOR #4438
PTFE sounds good as well.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:03 PM   #11

State: Florida
THOR #16806
Just had one replaced as ours has been broken forever but just started scraping the tile. RV repairman got it from Lippert but had to cut down to size. His cost $63. Gave us the remainder for future job!
Problem now is the carpet now sticks up as slide cutout is not aligned. Prob why plastic piece broke originally.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:04 PM   #12

Model: Tuscany 45AT
THOR #5822
Plastic guide under slideout

We just had the plastic bearings replaced for the big slideout on our Tuscany 45AT. We took it to Elkhart and had the Thor Repair Center do the work. In our situation, the front-most bearing was gouged out (1 inch by 3/4 inch groove). About five more out of eight bearings were cracked.

Our slide is about 30 feet long. It had been "groaning" during extend/retract operation. It was also out of synch from front to back, never fully sealing in the rear. Because of the failure to seal properly we get a lot of squeaking as we go down the highway. This has only been happening for the past 5,000 miles (we've got 54,262 miles on the coach so far). The squeaking is LOUD and it happens whenever the road surface is not perfectly smooth. Very irritating!!

We are taking the coach back to the Service Center in December to have the repair job completed. They did not adjust the hydraulic slides to put everything back in synch, so the rear vertical seal is flush at the bottom but has a one inch space at the top. We had to book another appointment at the end of the year to get it taken care of.

The repair costs so far have been $500.00 labor and $167.99 parts (slide bearings).
Old 11-15-2022, 02:11 PM   #13

THOR #26840
Quote:

My 40RX has the EXACT same issue with the EXACT same block, and on the outside the last 3 feet of my slide in that area rubs the body. It must be the way it was manufactured
Old 11-17-2022, 01:51 PM   #14

THOR #26840
Quote:
Thanks for all the replies and ideas. I contacted Thor parts and was able to procure a replacement. I found out the material is a block of specifically shaped teflon designed for the slide out, and comes in 9 inch long pieces. I will cut it to the needed length (about 3 inches) and keep the rest in case I need it. Pricey, but it is a uniquely shaped item and want to install it before we head south for the winter. Blocks of teflon are available on line in case the vendor for this unique item quits making them.
Do you have the link to the "on-line" where to purchase or a good contact?
Old 01-31-2023, 02:42 AM   #15

Model: Tuscany 34ST
THOR #28130
Quote:

curious, what year is your coach? We have a slide issue, but don’t think we have these glides.
TurboDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 03:00 AM   #16

THOR #26840
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboDave View Post
curious, what year is your coach? We have a slide issue, but don’t think we have these glides.

Mine is a 2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX,I ended up purchasing them directly from Thor Parts.