Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2020, 07:27 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New York
THOR #3477
Thanks. This will point me in the direction to look. I will be taking a couple of trips so it will be a couple weeks before I can take it apart. I will let everyone know what I find out. I like being able to pay myself the $150/hr instead of a garage that I have to drive three hours to get to.

Old 10-01-2020, 01:38 PM   #22

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
My purge valve has been replaced twice. The last time they also found a connection on one of the evap system hoses that was leaking. It looked like it had been chewed by a squirrel. So in addition to the purge valve, also make sure you inspect all the system hoses and connections.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:18 PM   #23

THOR #3477
Here is my update. Used a smoke machine to check the hoses for leakage from the purge valve back to the tank. Smoke came out the bleed off hose so I plugged that and found no other leaks. Don’t have the expensive scan tool to troubleshoot so decided to replace the purge valve. That didn’t fix it either. I’m stumped so off to the dealer it goes. Ca-Ching$$
Old 10-24-2020, 09:18 PM   #24

THOR #3477
Got it back from a local garage with a days worth of troubleshooting. In the evap wiring harness on the frame just below the center of the slide, there were two butt connectors that were neither heat shrunk or weather sealed. Both were corroded. They replaced them with a weather tight connector and all is fine. I am not going to comment any further!!!!! Glad it's fixed. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:52 AM   #25

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyzshack View Post
Anyone had this code or know what it is about. We got this check engine light 2 days after bring it home. pretty sure the rv dealer just cleared it before we picked it up. As i can clear the code and it will take a couple of days before it comes back on again.

Took it in to the large ford dealer here and they wouldn't look at it because it's a "RV" I made the apt for a E-450. 2018 Thor Axis.
I know you got this issue fixed, but...
I traveled abt 2,000 miles in my Vegas recently.
The “check engine” light came on after about 1400 miles and four fill-ups at the gas stations along the way.
I was using the 86 & 85 octane in NewMexico & Colorado so my first thought was that it was a “mis-Fire”.

But after cleaning around the edges & over “clicking” the gas cap on each successive fill-up, the light went off by itself after 4 cycles.

This is the 3rd time in 17,000 miles that this event has occurred.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:07 PM   #26

Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
I know you got this issue fixed, but...
I traveled abt 2,000 miles in my Vegas recently.
The “check engine” light came on after about 1400 miles and four fill-ups at the gas stations along the way.
I was using the 86 & 85 octane in NewMexico & Colorado so my first thought was that it was a “mis-Fire”.

But after cleaning around the edges & over “clicking” the gas cap on each successive fill-up, the light went off by itself after 4 cycles.

This is the 3rd time in 17,000 miles that this event has occurred.

It sounds as if a new gas cap or new gas cap gasket would be a good idea at this point.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:36 PM   #27

State: Indiana
THOR #21091
Had it a few weeks ago. It was the fuel cap.