Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Arizona
THOR #6404
Dealership not disclosing repairs

Am curious to see what others think is the appropriate tact to take in the following situation.....

My 10 month old 2016 Palazzo I just purchased had front end damage from the previous owner. The dealer did not disclose this to us, but I found out from close examination. I suspect the reason is because they are afraid of devaluation.

The dealership did their own repairs but failed to complete some minor items they now agree to fix.

Should I ask for monetary or possibly "in kind" (servicing) compensation, or simply go away quietly? I will have to drive it a total of 3 to 6 hours and waste my time waiting.[emoji42] [emoji99]

Old 02-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Are they agreeing to fix the issues no charge? If yes I don't think I would pursue any further compensation about it--wouldn't want to sour the tenuous customer-dealer relationship any further.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:22 PM   #3

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
what damage? accident?

The dealer you bought it from did the repair for the previous owner, or repaired as part of their prep to resell?

Did you get service records?
Old 02-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
Don't think dealers are required to disclose repairs. Used item it's always buyer beware. As long as they are fixing what was missed may be better to let this sleeping dog lie.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #5

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
I think there are some states that have laws/regulations which require dealerships to disclose when a unit has been damaged. Don't know about your area.

I suppose if this is a dealer you have a relationship with and hope to possibly do business with in the future then maybe just have them fix everything right and make the unit "whole".

If it is a dealership you have no past history with and you do not plan on going back after this experience then you may want to be a little firmer with them. I'm sure they would not want a negative sales story printed in several RV publications or on several public RV forums.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #6

Model: Palazzo
State: Arizona
THOR #6404
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredman View Post
what damage? accident?

The dealer you bought it from did the repair for the previous owner, or repaired as part of their prep to resell?

Did you get service records?
They did repairs in house after they purchased it from previous owner. I did ask for Services records but got nothing. The damage was from low front end hitting a curb or something but no other vehicle was involved.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:49 PM   #7

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
If the damage is cosmetic and has been corrected to your satisfaction, then put it to rest.

If the damage was structural, and might have long term consequences that are as yet unknown (damage to chassis for example), then I would ask for either immediate remuneration or at least something in writing promising coverage of future repairs if something arises.

There is no sense in just being antagonistic, but on the other hand, you do need to protect yourself.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:10 PM   #8

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Gardner View Post
They did repairs in house after they purchased it from previous owner. I did ask for Services records but got nothing. The damage was from low front end hitting a curb or something but no other vehicle was involved.
I assume some of the front plastic cowling, or lower metal body parts had to be replaced, fixed, and/or painted. So we are not talking about any type of traffic crash.

I think many dealers end of doing some type of repairs to units they take in on trade. For them to fix "wear and tear" issues and put a unit on their lot for sale would probably be normal business practice. You checked it out and bought it, all is good.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote