Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2017, 03:58 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.1
State: Florida
THOR #6308
Vegas 25.1 "throne" and bed

Hey, everyone! We're the proud owners of a 2016 Vegas 25.1, and, with just a couple of exceptions we're in love with it. But the exceptions...
Why in the world is the toilet up on that little pedestal? At 5'6", when I sit down, my feet don't touch the floor and putting them up on the pedestal is uncomfortable and kinda funky-feeling.
And the bed. We ended up buying a custom mattress from Custom Mattress with memory foam on top of memory foam (or whatever), which has (FINALLY!!) made it sleepable. But climbing over my wife to get out is a huge pain.
Last thing- I wish I could do the under-bench drawer/door mod, but the benches are padded, so I don't see a way around that. Has anyone else been able to put a door on the benchs?
Had we really thought about it, we would NOT have gone with this floor plan. And now, having seen the 25.3 floor plan, we're thinking of trading our baby in for that much better floor plan.
So. Can anyone tell me about the toilet?

Thanks!
Rose

Old 02-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #2

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #5584
Ours is an ACE, but most of the same issues. The throne is perched up on high because of the black water tank. Similar problem with the shower; it's an even higher jump. At 6' 1.5", even I find it a stretch. DW is shorter than you, and wasn't happy.

Walmart had an exercise step that works for her for both bed and throne. I could wish for it to be a touch shorter in length; I usually trip over it when rounding the corner of the bed, but then, I'm not really self correcting. For the shower access and other aids for tall stuff, we found this. Sturdy, lite weight, and fits in the shower when not in use.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #3

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Our answer for the toilet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	3878  
Old 02-05-2017, 02:14 PM   #4

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Folds up when not needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	3879  
Old 02-05-2017, 07:01 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.1
THOR #6308
We have one of those fold-y stools, too. I guess I'm going to put it to good use in the little girl's throne room. Thanks.

I finally found the hdmi cable hook up in the top shelf of the kitchen cabinet, so now I can put my PS4 up there (yay!) for those rainy "I don't feel like reading" days. Go, me. But the sound system in the 25.1 totally baffles me. I've got the cab sound figured out (turn on the radio, of course), but how do I get the sound to the back and outside speakers? I feel silly asking because I'm sure it's really quite simple, but I can't figure it out for nothin'.

Anyway, thanks for the hot tips! Going to dig out that wee stool and toss it on the rv pile.

Rose
Old 02-05-2017, 07:14 PM   #6
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
I don't have outside speakers on mine - but the rear (bedroom) speakers are controlled by the 'Fader' setting on the in-dash radio.
(Some units have a separate radio in rear)

Apparently others don't know the controls for outside either... as neighbors a few sites down have been known to be blasting their outside speakers at 4am... when they aren't outside...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:51 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc
I don't have outside speakers on mine - but the rear (bedroom) speakers are controlled by the 'Fader' setting on the in-dash radio.
(Some units have a separate radio in rear)

Apparently others don't know the controls for outside either... as neighbors a few sites down have been known to be blasting their outside speakers at 4am... when they aren't outside...
I believe on the newer Axis/Vegas units with a rear radio: The rear speakers and outside speakers are controlled by that. If your 25.1 has a rear radio fiddle with that.

Otherwise it would be as gmc has stated: play with the fader control on the in-dash stereo.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Arkansas
THOR #5647
Steps to to the throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittntherooad View Post
Our answer for the toilet.
Ah, necessity is the mother of invention...
My wife got one of these too