Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-24-2019, 11:41 PM   #1
z28

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #9536
Brake Controllers

Looking for suggestion on installing a brake controller on My Thor ACE 30.3 built on an F53 chassis. The trailer is a 24 foot Haulmark enclosed car trailer. Is there a feature on this coach that will allow me to plug in without running a harness to the rear harness plug?

Old 08-25-2019, 12:53 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Look around under the dash around the steering column. You may have a plug for the brake controller already installed. I believe mine is gray in color and is attached to the steering column.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:04 AM   #3

Model: Outlaw 3611
State: North Carolina
THOR #10869
Brake controller

I found in my paperwork bag from Thor, a pigtail, from Ford, for the brake controller. If you don't have one, one can be gotten from Ford.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	89DE5D08-59F7-4956-B3DC-6D1500CD70F2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	19822  
Old 08-25-2019, 03:30 AM   #4

State: Arizona
THOR #13228
Most likely a brake controller harness with a Ford connector somewhere near the driver cockpit. I simply bought the harness for my Prodigy II that connects to Ford, $10 online.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:52 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Bounder 35P
THOR #15054
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28 View Post
Looking for suggestion on installing a brake controller on My Thor ACE 30.3 built on an F53 chassis. The trailer is a 24 foot Haulmark enclosed car trailer. Is there a feature on this coach that will allow me to plug in without running a harness to the rear harness plug?
Those of us with Vegas/Axis models discovered that we have no brake controller plug to clip into and it's a VERY expensive rewire to get one ($600-800, depending on trailer shop/dealer). Curt now sells a wireless model (works on Bluetooth technology) called the Echo for just over $200. It needs a phone with BT to program it and to control the manual braking, should you ever need it, but it does NOT need to be your regular phone and it does NOT need to be in constant communication with the phone to work, as once it is programmed, your settings are stored in the actual device at the hitch, not on your phone. Might be worth checking out for you.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:47 PM   #6
z28

THOR #9536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossleyt View Post
I found in my paperwork bag from Thor, a pigtail, from Ford, for the brake controller. If you don't have one, one can be gotten from Ford.
Thanks for the info
Mark
Old 08-25-2019, 07:49 PM   #7
z28

THOR #9536
Thanks
I appreciate the info
Mark
Old 08-25-2019, 07:50 PM   #8
z28

THOR #9536
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Those of us with Vegas/Axis models discovered that we have no brake controller plug to clip into and it's a VERY expensive rewire to get one ($600-800, depending on trailer shop/dealer). Curt now sells a wireless model (works on Bluetooth technology) called the Echo for just over $200. It needs a phone with BT to program it and to control the manual braking, should you ever need it, but it does NOT need to be your regular phone and it does NOT need to be in constant communication with the phone to work, as once it is programmed, your settings are stored in the actual device at the hitch, not on your phone. Might be worth checking out for you.
Thanks
I’ Check it out
Mark