Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2017, 06:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Verizon Hum - Verizon version of ATT Mobley

Been reading a great deal about ATT Mobley. Good news is for those that have the Verizon New Unlimited Plan, you can add this as another line for $10/month total! It is treated just like another line on the account - 10 gig hotspot, unlimited video streaming.
That is $5 per month access and $5 per month for the device with a 2 year commitment. Device costs $29.99 plus activation. Not sure about you the rest of you but this GREAT news for us.

Mine is on the way. When I get it, I will follow up.

This is just an FYI.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:59 PM   #2

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
With the Mobley unlimited streaming can you stream it to the coach TV or just cell phones and Ipads??
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Seems to me that the Hum includes a bit more functionality than the Mobley:
https://www.theverge.com/2016/2/17/1...racking-update

Looks like Mobley is just a hotspot..Hum has a few more things.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:17 PM   #4

THOR #1020
JamieGeek - spot on and it is a lot less cost than the Mobley (with the unlimited plan). Also on Verizon network. Based on our experience, the best when traveling the USA.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:05 PM   #5

THOR #1020
Doglovers - as I understand the Hum the functionality will be just like a normal Verizon hotspot. So that means you can set it up and attach up to 10 devices without regard to what type or brand. The device will need to be able to use a wifi connection.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #6

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Doglovers - as I understand the Hum the functionality will be just like a normal Verizon hotspot. So that means you can set it up and attach up to 10 devices without regard to what type or brand. The device will need to be able to use a wifi connection.
Awesome! Thanks for the info.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #7

THOR #1020
Quick follow up on Verizon Hum. First off - it must be a Hum x not a Hum +. As of today, it is not compatible with Class A built on a F53 chassis. Also, unlike the Mobley, you cannot use it without being plugged into the OBD port. The Hum x can be moved from vehicle to vehicle but MUST be registered by calling the Hum support line to change the VIN. Sounds like a PITA.

Took mine back today. This was a $35 lesson that hopefully the rest of you can avoid.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
anybody try this one at all on sprint?

Sprint, Alcatel OneTouch Team For In-Car Wi-Fi Hot Spot | Twice
Old 06-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #9

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #1291
Quote:
Been reading a great deal about ATT Mobley. Good news is for those that have the Verizon New Unlimited Plan, you can add this as another line for $10/month total! It is treated just like another line on the account - 10 gig hotspot, unlimited video streaming.
That is $5 per month access and $5 per month for the device with a 2 year commitment. Device costs $29.99 plus activation. Not sure about you the rest of you but this GREAT news for us.

Mine is on the way. When I get it, I will follow up.

This is just an FYI.

Are you sure about the unlimited video streaming ? Usually they limit it. To "their" services. ATT does DirectTV, Verizon does GO90 T-Mobile uses Binge but not with all devices..
Old 06-07-2017, 11:05 AM   #10

THOR #1020
RipVanWinkle - hopefully you read my followup. The electronic registration and tie to the VIN of you vehicle, limits what vehicles can use Humx. Also, as I relayed, the model that can be used is not the standard Hum (with associated costs) but the slightly more expensive Hum X. Monthly costs are the same - $20 per month.

Relative to the my comment on usage, I am absolutely positive about the hotspot and video streaming comments. The numbers are both experiential and straight out of Verizon ads.

In my opinion, the Hum X is NOT a viable alternative to the Mobley.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:20 PM   #11

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #1291
Quote:
RipVanWinkle - hopefully you read my followup. The electronic registration and tie to the VIN of you vehicle, limits what vehicles can use Humx. Also, as I relayed, the model that can be used is not the standard Hum (with associated costs) but the slightly more expensive Hum X. Monthly costs are the same - $20 per month.

Relative to the my comment on usage, I am absolutely positive about the hotspot and video streaming comments. The numbers are both experiential and straight out of Verizon ads.

In my opinion, the Hum X is NOT a viable alternative to the Mobley.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:37 AM   #12
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
The Samsung's I replaced in my Axis all have "screen mirroring" as one of the inputs (hdmi 1 hdmi 2 etc.. then "screen mirroring" as options. That means what ever is on a phone or tablet is automatically transferred to the TV wireless. On my Galaxy Ph. its called "Smart View". I press smart view and what ever is on my phone or tablet is now on the TV.
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:29 AM   #13

THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by revjeffrey View Post
The Samsung's I replaced in my Axis all have "screen mirroring" as one of the inputs (hdmi 1 hdmi 2 etc.. then "screen mirroring" as options. That means what ever is on a phone or tablet is automatically transferred to the TV wireless. On my Galaxy Ph. its called "Smart View". I press smart view and what ever is on my phone or tablet is now on the TV.
Now that is cool. I already have Netflix, TCM and Comcast mobile. Looks like with a Mobley and a signal I'm at home on the road with the proper TV's.