Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
Very disgusted with C.W. in Burlington WA.

I've been waiting now for 2 weeks for a new Axxera radio to be installed in my Thor Freedom Elite from C.W. in Burlington WA. They keep telling me it's been ordered but not in yet. Anyone else "use" C.W. in Burlington WA.? I will admit they are unindated with quite a lot of R.V.s in their yard for some sort of work. Last time I was there, 2 weeks ago to pick up rig that had some minor issue fixed, I counted 4 guys in shop when I was sitting right outside their shop door. 1 older man seemed to be shop boss, other 3 younger guys, joking around playing grab ass when the shop was "loaded" with rigs. No wonder they get nothing done screwing around time that should be, them getting work done. Service writer is good guy but his hands are tied with shop guys work ethics. They are about 1 hour from me and the only place I can use for warranty work so guess I'm screwed. Want to make use of my new rig with things that should be in working order. Very frustrating!!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #2

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I know I have read some comments where folks are satisfied with CW service, but in general the CW's I know of in this area, are not exactly known for providing a good service experience. In their defense, most all service centers are inundated with work, and with RV sales breaking all records, its only going to get worse.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 35 M
State: New York
THOR #6832
Mine brand new works great . Had a Few issues . Called camping world. I wanted to leave it for a week or two. Said he was too busy and can bring it in about 3 or 4 weeks then they have it looked at 3 days, then get Thor to authorize it 3 days . Really I'm leaving on the road in 3 weeks. So gotta look into Rv repair
Old 10-05-2017, 08:59 PM   #4

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
It is aggravating and maybe you caught the shop guys playing around in a rare moment, maybe not so rare. I felt the same way until I heard the service manager telling another employee at our nearest CW that they had a lot that would hold 100 units for service but were risking damages to some as they had 200 taken in. Figure 4 or 5 techs, or more, coupled with communication back and forth with Thor concerning warranties and you have a mess. That said, I want mine at the head of the line.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:18 AM   #5

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
They have earned a bad reputation for service, with a few exceptions. You are committed for this repair. For future warranty work, call Thor and ask where else you can go. Then call them all and find out which if any will work you in.

You found out why most shops never want you to see the shop or the techs.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:37 AM   #6

Model: Aria 3901
THOR #6952
I have found that the service associate makes a difference as well. Luckily I joined the forum and researched before I purchased and avoided CW. General RV has been responsive but weeks before you can get an appointment. After I found a service manager that actually cared the wait doesn't bother me
Old 10-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #7

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
I have found that the service associate makes a difference as well. Luckily I joined the forum and researched before I purchased and avoided CW. General RV has been responsive but weeks before you can get an appointment. After I found a service manager that actually cared the wait doesn't bother me
Yes, I agree and the Service Writer at C.W. where I go is great but the shop is overwhelmed with work and IMO, workers are not all that great or conscienctious about quality of work. Slap it together, it's on or it works, that's about it. I plan on calling Thor about this, this coming week to discuss with them and if I can take my rig elsewhere for warranty work.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:32 PM   #8
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfield3 View Post
General RV in Tampa??
I bought my RV from General RV in Brownstown, MI.... Liked the Service Manager when I met him...Shortly after he left to open the Tampa location.. definitely noticed the difference.
I'm about 2 hours from Tampa now that I moved south... Definitely a consideration if I need something significant...
I believe they also take a limited number of 'drive in' units each day... Right Ed?? (if you are reading this)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote