Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2023, 01:21 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
How did the tire shop balance the tire/wheel assemblies? Need to be done while on the vehicle. So not only the tire/wheel is balanced but also everything else turning on the spindle.

Old 05-10-2023, 04:11 PM   #22

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
No noise around corners, only between 60-70mph.

What makes me question the balancing option is that both sets of tires and wheels do it at the same speed range?? Also, different combinations like old wheels and tires, old wheels new tires, new wheels new tires all act up at the same 60-70 with little change.

Great info on the turning...our highway is fairly straight but the off ramps is where i was listening. Mostly for a wheel bearing growl but interesting about the tires making that noise.

I do agree with you on the brakes...grasping at straws and the straws are getting expensive!!!

Thank you!
You need a highway with a curve that can be negotiated at 60 - 70 MPH. I understand that that is a rare occurrence with the highway system but there are roads that do that. My Motorhome also has a front vibration in the steering that I can feel. Mine is very slight so likely not as bad as yours. Defiantly not bad enough to warrant the measures you are taking. I can also feel the vibration intensity change as I negotiate a curve that takes about a mile to go from heading north/south to east/west. My tires have a DOT date in April 2017, so I am planning to replace them within the next two years. When I do replace the tires, I will have the shop check the wheels to be sure they are round and run true before installing the new tires.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 04:30 PM   #23

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-sr@perra-us.net View Post
You need a highway with a curve that can be negotiated at 60 - 70 MPH. I understand that that is a rare occurrence with the highway system but there are roads that do that. My Motorhome also has a front vibration in the steering that I can feel. Mine is very slight so likely not as bad as yours. Defiantly not bad enough to warrant the measures you are taking. I can also feel the vibration intensity change as I negotiate a curve that takes about a mile to go from heading north/south to east/west. My tires have a DOT date in April 2017, so I am planning to replace them within the next two years. When I do replace the tires, I will have the shop check the wheels to be sure they are round and run true before installing the new tires.
Some reading material"

https://www.liveabout.com/diagnosing...ration-3234501

https://www.liveabout.com/steering-w...haking-4570925

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 05:52 PM   #24

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
What's the next round from the parts cannon?

Take it to a mechanic other than who you have prior.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 02:30 AM   #25

Model: Tuscany 42FK
State: Maine
THOR #28685
Just to follow this up....we went on 2 trips this summer, flat towed our Bronco and loaded it up moderately. The vibration is 95% gone. My guess is 2 things. When I picked this up in Ohio we drove it home empty. Not sure the added weight helped the drive angle or maybe the rear tires were flat spotted slightly from lack of use. Good news is I sold my original pair of drive wheels and recouped my wheel money for the Alcoas and needed to replace the Drive tires anyway.

Hope you're all well and thanks for the help on this!

Mike

PS- I do have another issue with my headlights but I'll start a new threat on this