Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2022, 01:24 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #22773
Video Tour of the NEW 2023 Thor Vegas 24.1

Here is a quick video tour I did at the local RV show today. The smallest production A-class RV, The NEW 2023 Thor Vegas 24.1. Let me know what you think.

Old 06-17-2022, 02:48 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
A few notes: (Note I had a 2014 24.1 and we just upgraded to a 2022 24.4 in early May)
Your popup specs shows tankless water heater but the side of the coach looks like there is a normal 6 gal water heater in it (our 2022 has a 6 gal tank heater).

The USB connector below the radio supports Android Auto and Apple Car Play.

Typically when lowering the front bunk the front two seats are reclined a little so that the bunk can drop all the way down to its stops.

Good review.

You're not nearly as enthusiastic as Matt's RV reviews LOL! (yeah ok that may be a good thing LOL)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 03:15 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
You and Matt's reviews are spot on!!
Keep doing these.
We love our Vegas!
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:34 PM   #4

Model: 2021 Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #23587
No roof access ladder?
Old 06-17-2022, 07:52 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo Gemstone View Post
No roof access ladder?
Apparently they are low on parts for that--our 24.4 didn't come with one either.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:56 PM   #6

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post
Here is a quick video tour I did at the local RV show today. The smallest production A-class RV, The NEW 2023 Thor Vegas 24.1. Let me know what you think.

Are the controls on the Ford steering wheel connected to anything?

I’m thinking…
The front wipers control stick on my E450 is disconnected in favor of a Thor dash wiper switch (which I don’t like).
Old 06-17-2022, 08:24 PM   #7

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
A few notes: (Note I had a 2014 24.1 and we just upgraded to a 2022 24.4 in early May)
Your popup specs shows tankless water heater but the side of the coach looks like there is a normal 6 gal water heater in it (our 2022 has a 6 gal tank heater).

The USB connector below the radio supports Android Auto and Apple Car Play.

Typically when lowering the front bunk the front two seats are reclined a little so that the bunk can drop all the way down to its stops.

Good review.

You're not nearly as enthusiastic as Matt's RV reviews LOL! (yeah ok that may be a good thing LOL)

Now on 10th year of production and not that much change compared to your original 24.1. Other than Ford chassis upgrades, major changes are what exactly? Smaller windshield, front fascia revisions, microwave location, larger kitchen window, etc. Relatively minor design changes from my perspective, and many date back to 2018 upgrades.

On bright side it confirms Thor got design right in the first place.
Old 06-17-2022, 08:55 PM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Are the controls on the Ford steering wheel connected to anything?

I’m thinking…
The front wipers control stick on my E450 is disconnected in favor of a Thor dash wiper switch (which I don’t like).
Wiper control stick on the steering column works as expected.

Buttons on the left side of the steering wheel are for cruise control.

Buttons on the right side of the steering wheel control radio (its a small RF module--likely bluetooth--with its own battery that will need to be replaced eventually).
Old 06-17-2022, 08:56 PM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Now on 10th year of production and not that much change compared to your original 24.1. Other than Ford chassis upgrades, major changes are what exactly? Smaller windshield, front fascia revisions, microwave location, larger kitchen window, etc. Relatively minor design changes from my perspective, and many date back to 2018 upgrades.

Biggest changes from our 2014 is the bathroom doors are different (each open independently instead of that whole closet mechanism from ours), Back window, microwave position, bigger kitchen window. Probably weighs more LOL.

Yup still a good design...just not a lot of room for more than 2 people.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:04 PM   #10

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
THOR #13362
Quote:

Yes, great design

‘14-‘17 had the micro/convection above, along with a cooktop & exhaust fan. So the kitchen window was very small. Some 24.1 models even included an oven.

‘18-present has much better counter space, with under counter sink & small, two burner flat cooktop. Micro/convection below which allows for large kitchen window.

Everything else is virtually the same.

Although recently, Thor discontinued outside TV.
We love our outside TV. Great for tailgating.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:23 PM   #11

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKDSK View Post

I couldn't do it, it's claustrophobic, I need to use the bathroom at night, this is a no go. Counter space is non existence. Bathroom is way too small, why would the bedroom cell phone holder and charger be on the wrong end of the bed. This is not thought thtrough for old people
Old 06-17-2022, 09:32 PM   #12
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I couldn't do it, it's claustrophobic, I need to use the bathroom at night, this is a no go. Counter space is non existence. Bathroom is way too small, why would the bedroom cell phone holder and charger be on the wrong end of the bed. This is not thought thtrough for old people
Well apparently some people love it as its consistently been built since 2014--8 years now.

We loved ours until this year when a better floorplan (to us) was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1
Yes, great design

‘14-‘17 had the micro/convection above, along with a cooktop & exhaust fan. So the kitchen window was very small. Some 24.1 models even included an oven.

‘18-present has much better counter space, with under counter sink & small, two burner flat cooktop. Micro/convection below which allows for large kitchen window.

Outside TV back in 2014 was an option. Our 2014 didn't have one (even though the 120V outlet for it was still in there behind the drawers in the kitchen LOL) we wouldn't have used it if it did have one. Oven was also optional--not on ours.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:48 PM   #13
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Another thing: the 24.1 in the video had stabilizer jacks on the back--an optional item for 2022 completely not available in 2014.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:57 PM   #14

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Yes, great design

If you have no outside tv..you could get a reasonable snart tv at sams Costco, youtube tv for streaming, t mobile home $50 month and enjoy
Old 06-17-2022, 10:15 PM   #15

THOR #20274
Quote:
Well apparently some people love it as its consistently been built since 2014--8 years now.

We loved ours until this year when a better floorplan (to us) was released.

Outside TV back in 2014 was an option. Our 2014 didn't have one (even though the 120V outlet for it was still in there behind the drawers in the kitchen LOL) we wouldn't have used it if it did have one. Oven was also optional--not on ours.
I could see if I was 21 to 30 years old. My wife and I watch those rv shows and everytime we see the bedroom we are like why would I want to add a board and a cushion. If a person says we leave the center open, they never had children. There isn't room for a coffee pot or anything else on the counter. The bathroom looks like people need to keep their knees together on the toilet and the shower. I didn't see any auto leveling jacks. That's one reason we got rid of the last one. There isn't much storage on the outside. I use my outside TV all the time but this summer I'm putting on a new mount that tips down. Where are all the storage cubbies for the overhead bunk? Will the netting stop a 250 person
Old 06-17-2022, 10:33 PM   #16
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
I could see if I was 21 to 30 years old. My wife and I watch those rv shows and everytime we see the bedroom we are like why would I want to add a board and a cushion. If a person says we leave the center open, they never had children. There isn't room for a coffee pot or anything else on the counter. The bathroom looks like people need to keep their knees together on the toilet and the shower. I didn't see any auto leveling jacks. That's one reason we got rid of the last one. There isn't much storage on the outside. I use my outside TV all the time but this summer I'm putting on a new mount that tips down. Where are all the storage cubbies for the overhead bunk? Will the netting stop a 250 person
The newer versions have a larger counter top in the kitchen than our 2014 did--it had almost no countertop.

Toilet isn't the problem in the bathroom: the shower is. There is plenty of room to do your business in there. (We lived with one for 8 years: 3 of us myself, wife and child--our son slept in the overhead.)

The 24.1 has the most outside storage of any Axis/Vegas unit. That entire area below the beds in the rear is outside storage (and a pass-through). I was amazed moving from a 31ft 5th wheel to the 24.1 that I fit everything I had in the 5th wheel into the 24.1.

No cubbies for overhead bunk--no room. All storage is in the rear: closet and overhead storage of which there is quite a bit.
Old 06-17-2022, 10:58 PM   #17

THOR #20274
Quote:
The newer versions have a larger counter top in the kitchen than our 2014 did--it had almost no countertop.

Toilet isn't the problem in the bathroom: the shower is. There is plenty of room to do your business in there. (We lived with one for 8 years: 3 of us myself, wife and child--our son slept in the overhead.)

The 24.1 has the most outside storage of any Axis/Vegas unit. That entire area below the beds in the rear is outside storage (and a pass-through). I was amazed moving from a 31ft 5th wheel to the 24.1 that I fit everything I had in the 5th wheel into the 24.1.

No cubbies for overhead bunk--no room. All storage is in the rear: closet and overhead storage of which there is quite a bit.
I looked at the Thor website and they show 2 coffee cups between the stove and sink. Where by the sink does the coffee pot, toaster and griddle go. I like how the toilet is on a platform, but don't your knees hit the toilet paper holder
Old 06-17-2022, 11:03 PM   #18
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
I looked at the Thor website and they show 2 coffee cups between the stove and sink. Where by the sink does the coffee pot, toaster and griddle go. I like how the toilet is on a platform, but don't your knees hit the toilet paper holder
I don't drink coffee and my wife would just walk to the campstore and buy a cup. No coffee pot for us. As far as griddle and toaster: outside. We would carry a table in the rear storage. Set it up under the awning next to the plug outside and cook there. We were camping after all.

As far as the toilet: Nope, you sit at an angle (the toilet is at an angle too).
Old 06-17-2022, 11:56 PM   #19

State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:

.....cut... We were camping after all. .....cut....

There doesn’t seem to be much agreement on what that represents, or how much work, inconvenience, etc. should be expected as normal part of camping. People who are not on the same page on this probably will never agree on equipment selection.

For example, in my case, I don’t mind at all stepping to the side to let my wife pass through. If I found it a chore, then a larger RV with slide would be justified. Same goes for beds that have to be made every night versus those that can remain made during day. It’s extra work and inconvenient I’m willing to compromise on for now to gain added fuel economy, maneuverability, and parking advantages of a smaller motorhome. But that can change at any time my needs change; expected as we age.
Old 06-18-2022, 12:13 AM   #20
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
There doesn’t seem to be much agreement on what that represents, or how much work, inconvenience, etc. should be expected as normal part of camping. People who are not on the same page on this probably will never agree on equipment selection.

For example, in my case, I don’t mind at all stepping to the side to let my wife pass through. If I found it a chore, then a larger RV with slide would be justified. Same goes for beds that have to be made every night versus those that can remain made during day. It’s extra work and inconvenient I’m willing to compromise on for now to gain added fuel economy, maneuverability, and parking advantages of a smaller motorhome. But that can change at any time my needs change; expected as we age.
lol yup as the saying goes "thats why they make Ford's and Chevy's".

We opted to change from a permanent bed setup to one where we have to put it away daily (however easy it is we still have to put it away in the morning and take it out each night). We gained a ton of interior space with that change, however.