Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-20-2022, 03:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 42GX
State: Texas
THOR #24664
Wanting to add AGS to my Tuscany

I have a 2017 Thor Tuscany with a Firefly 4.3" monochrome multiplex system and per Thor it did not come with AGS (auto generator start), although all the AGS functionality appears to exist in the Firefly. I'm thinking of adding a Magnum ME-AGS-N AGS module but needing some guidance on how and where to connect it.

There is a harness from the Onan generator (already identified wire colors) that appears to run under the coach towards the rear, I'm hopeful it runs all the way back to the electrical bay.

I'm hoping someone has installed an AGS in a similar Tuscany and found the wires in the electrical bay and can provide guidance and pictures of how the AGS is wired in. Even if your coach came with AGS it would be helpful to see pictures of where yours is located and the wiring going to it.

Thanks

Wingrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:58 PM   #2

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
I have a 2016 last year prior to the Firefly

Perhaps download the drawing for it, the AGS works well and is standalone

Tuscany 42GX
Old 03-03-2022, 04:53 PM   #3

Model: Thor Tuscany 42GX
State: Texas
THOR #24664
I just wanted to report my findings in case this helps someone in the future. As I said per Thor it did not come with AGS, this is false, it did come with AGS but not with an expected AGS module like the Magnum ME-AGS-N AGS. Thor support is apparently obvious to this.

The Firefly system has a PMM (Power Management Module) in the electrical bay and this device has all the AGS functionality built-in. Problem was there was a know bug in the software (GUI: 1.18) which prevented the AGS from functioning. Firefly provided a programmer which updated it to version 1.23 which resolved all problems with the AGS.

Unfortunately this did not come free, per Firefly cost $ 164.34 but would get back $89.34 once you return the programmer, with freight both ways total was $216.30 but should get $89.34 back. Disappointing to have to pay for a known bug fix, but the coach is way out of warranty. Apparently the original owner never used the AGS function.
Wingrider is offline   Reply With Quote