Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2016, 09:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Siesta 24 ST
State: Louisiana
THOR #6042
2014 Siesta 24ST, barely used, we just bought it....overflow valve !

Hello and let me tell you how grateful we are to have this forum. ( daughter and dogs = we)

First things first, I am a new owner of Siesta 24ST, like it , love it, want more of it...but...

As with may things I jumped and disregarded the instruction manual, 'How hard can it be? really?' :/

While filling fresh water tank from landline, I got busy googling in other compartments and even stepped inside to organize something , only to hear a waterfall. Lovely sound, IF you're parked near Niagara falls, but in the driveway, nope, not so much.

I step out and frantically search for the source thinking I best run around to the hose....nope, it's flowing like a wild river out from under my passenger bunk, in / near the generator compartment.
I turn off the source and immediately regret my carelessness.
By now, it's dark and cold out, I fire off a quick text to the previous owner and we are stumped.
I'm thinking I ruined my new toy and he thinks it's the 'overflow' valve.
I want to go with his version BUT, I cant figure out WHERE the overflow valve for fresh water would be located ?

Any and all tips , hints and help is and will be MUCH appreciated !

Old 12-02-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Typically the fresh water tank has a vent line that runs from the top of the tank to right next to the filler. When the tank is full water comes out the vent hole next to the filler.

Given your description of what is happening I would expect that your vent line may have popped off. Your ST has a very similar floor plan to our Axis, and given that Thor probably makes things similar I'd bet your water tank is in a similar location (in our case its under the passenger rear bed). You'll probably want to locate the tank and take off any access panels to see what really was going on.

Looking at some pictures on the web of that model: it looks like your water filler is in a compartment on the drivers side rear right? From that it is possible that the tank vent/overflow is plumbed to just drain on the ground (if true then you're fine).

I doubt you ruined your new toy: once you find what was wrong fix it, and dry it out (if necessary).

Note that I doubt the instruction manual has any of this in it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:54 PM   #3

THOR #6042
Access panel.....

Thank you for the quick response. I'm heading home now to check on it all. The access panel you speak of...is the little bit on the inside under bunk, yes ? Not an outdoor component ?
Old 12-02-2016, 10:01 PM   #4

THOR #6042
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Typically the fresh water tank has a vent line that runs from the top of the tank to right next to the filler. When the tank is full water comes out the vent hole next to the filler.

Given your description of what is happening I would expect that your vent line may have popped off. Your ST has a very similar floor plan to our Axis, and given that Thor probably makes things similar I'd bet your water tank is in a similar location (in our case its under the passenger rear bed). You'll probably want to locate the tank and take off any access panels to see what really was going on.

Looking at some pictures on the web of that model: it looks like your water filler is in a compartment on the drivers side rear right? From that it is possible that the tank vent/overflow is plumbed to just drain on the ground (if true then you're fine).

I doubt you ruined your new toy: once you find what was wrong fix it, and dry it out (if necessary).

Note that I doubt the instruction manual has any of this in it.
Actually,the water was coming from opposite side of hose connection....clear on other side of the rig. I'll pop the little cover inside between bunks close to floor and pay in there for disconnected hoses.
Wish me luck and thank you so much.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:45 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Once you find and repair your leak get up as much water as you can then set up some fans and leave them on at least 24 hours. Also helps to open roof vents if you have covers, better if you can leave the door open, the more air circulation the better! Open any and all doors and drawers around the area to promote better circulation. I had something similar happen many years ago, PIA but no lasting harm.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:24 AM   #6

THOR #6042
Dehumidifier on the go....

Thank you so much.
I've got a dehumidifier going, it's damp and it's due to rain again, so I'll keep it buttoned up for now.
In tomorrow's daylight I'll be pulling the access panel off and inspecting the connections and hope to find the culprit !
Old 12-03-2016, 02:24 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Also use a wet/dry vacuum if needed to speed up the process.
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:33 AM   #8

THOR #6042
Roger that, most appreciative.

Tags
generator compartment, overflow valve, under passenger bunk, water falls