Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2021, 03:14 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 29.2
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #16711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Behind this trim piece on the bottom of the slide wall, is where the sidewall meets the floor. If you donít have a good bead of sealant on the top of the trim the water leaks behind. Then it flows down to the floor where it leaks under the slide into the coach. It discovered it in a monsoon as soon as I put sealant down it stopped leaking.
Exactly what he said. The lower rail, if not caulked correctly will channel water right into the interior of the coach. Depending on the way ou park it, you may never catch it while it slowly eats away at the screws that hold the rail to the bottom of the slide. I bought my 2015 used in mid-2019 and the damage was already done...

Old 05-05-2021, 04:26 PM   #22

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 27.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #17813
I had to remove the slide awning bracket and caulk the molding up there as well. Then I found one of the clearance lights on the back top corner was leaking as well. We just had 4 in of rain over the past couple of days and I went out and checked and no water on the floor for the first time in many months! Those leaks can be frustrating to find! Good luck on finding yours just keep at it.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:45 AM   #23

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul0138 View Post
I had to remove the slide awning bracket and caulk the molding up there as well. Then I found one of the clearance lights on the back top corner was leaking as well. We just had 4 in of rain over the past couple of days and I went out and checked and no water on the floor for the first time in many months! Those leaks can be frustrating to find! Good luck on finding yours just keep at it.

If you have a bedroom slide check that too. I had 2017 31W that leaked around trim
Old 05-20-2021, 01:14 PM   #24

THOR #17813
I only have one slide and it contains the bedroom as well as the kitchen. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:47 PM   #25

State: Kentucky
THOR #12083
Smile Thor Challenger 38TB Slides Leaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Behind this trim piece on the bottom of the slide wall, is where the side wall meets the floor. If you donít have a good bead of sealant on the top of the trim the water leaks behind. Then it flows down to the floor where it leaks under the slide into the coach. It discovered it in a monsoon as soon as I put sealant down it stopped leaking.
HI Elite,

2016 Thor Challenger 37TB. I bought this new from Camping World in 2016. I had never noticed water coming in on the floor until last year 2021. I was getting it ready for a weeks stay at Lake Cumberland and I found that the whole length of my couch/bed had a soft spongy floor. I attributed it to possible carpenter ants, but now I'm leaning towards an unseen leak that has rotted the floor. Since I recently discovered 3 new water leaks, one at the front and 1 at the rear of the dinette/couch slide out and also a leak in the rear at the bedroom slide out. It's coming in at the slideouts and not the roof. I've checked the roof and it is sealed very well. Is your RV a class A? I'm sure Thor MH are all manufactured the same be it A,B or whatever they make. The picture in your post, is that an A or C slide? Thank you for any information. Have a Blessed Year!

Mark Mathis
Kentucky RVer
Old 02-03-2022, 02:10 PM   #26

THOR #17813
I have sealed the trim but I have also found that the external speakers were leaking and replaced them. The speaker diaphragm became detached from the body of the speaker and allowed water to leak in through the speaker.
Old 02-04-2022, 05:38 AM   #27

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmathis9860 View Post
HI Elite,

2016 Thor Challenger 37TB. I bought this new from Camping World in 2016. I had never noticed water coming in on the floor until last year 2021. I was getting it ready for a weeks stay at Lake Cumberland and I found that the whole length of my couch/bed had a soft spongy floor. I attributed it to possible carpenter ants, but now I'm leaning towards an unseen leak that has rotted the floor. Since I recently discovered 3 new water leaks, one at the front and 1 at the rear of the dinette/couch slide out and also a leak in the rear at the bedroom slide out. It's coming in at the slideouts and not the roof. I've checked the roof and it is sealed very well. Is your RV a class A? I'm sure Thor MH are all manufactured the same be it A,B or whatever they make. The picture in your post, is that an A or C slide? Thank you for any information. Have a Blessed Year!

Mark Mathis
Kentucky RVer
I have a class c but on the slides I would check the trim that goes around the slide. We had a leak that was in our slide. Luckily I caught it fast enough. The water was leaking under the trim and flowing under the bottom of the slide into the floor.

It does take much water and if it canít dry out it will rot a floor pretty fast.
Old 02-04-2022, 10:14 PM   #28

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
With the heavy rains we are having, I started extending the rear jacks prior to a rain storm, this will tilt the RV fwd, Now the water runs to the front of the RV and off, no more puddles on the roof.

I have also installed a small strip of weather stripping along the upper edge of the roof line, this will force the water to flow fwd and not over the edges of the RV, no more black water stains running down the RV sides after each rain!

Every year i inspect the roof, electrical connections, sky lite edges, and roof line. I reseal all potential leakage points, electrical connections on my antenna's, so far the interior stays dry, no leaks on interior ceiling, or sides.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:57 PM   #29

Model: 31' Chateau
State: Oregon
THOR #24859
Water from under the slide

While driving in the rain, little 'rivers' of water coming from under the slide. [at the time] 2015 24' Chateau we found that up under the fender well along the outside wall the 'foam' filler was all but gone. Sealing that up with low expanding foam and used 'Flex Seal' for the entire well seemed to help with that issue.
Old 08-03-2022, 06:54 PM   #30

THOR #17813
Glad you were able to solve your problem. It seems like we're constantly trying to solve leak problems. I think i solved mine by caulking the exterior trim on the slide out. Thanks for your input.