Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-13-2020, 02:42 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum WS 31
State: Indiana
THOR #8403
What is it for?

We have a 2017 Quantum WS31. In one of the compartments is this canvas covering over the drain line for the kitchen sink. In that compartment is an access to the exterior. I cannot for the life of me figure out why this canvas piece is there and why there is an opening. We found a mouse nesting in the canvas with a baby. What is this for? Any advice will be appreciated. TIA.

Old 09-13-2020, 02:48 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
A lot of times that canvas is meant to protect flexible plumbing and wiring that move or flex as a slide is extended or retracted.
Old 09-13-2020, 03:22 AM   #3

Model: Quantum WS 31
State: Indiana
THOR #8403
That is understandable but why is there an opening to the exterior and could I close that up to keep critters out?
Old 09-13-2020, 11:38 AM   #4

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
That is understandable but why is there an opening to the exterior and could I close that up to keep critters out?
I would. How big is the opening. Picture? Might Spray great stuff around it. I’d also set a mouse trap just in case.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:29 PM   #5

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
What is it for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQ View Post

If your drain line is in a slide then you should not cover it with something solid. We have a drain line in our slide for the kitchen sink. The soft cover in our case is rubber and allows the slide to close without tearing out the drain line each time. I too wondered why it was like that until I watched the drain line while closing the slide. In our case the opening is only open to the exterior when the slide is extended.