Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2024, 01:14 AM   #81

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Thor video of 26.1 at Tampa RV Super Show. It’s a good floor plan, and looks nice with paint. I think it should do well, especially with large rear storage compartment and 3,000-pound OCCC.

Rear compartment doesn’t appear nearly tall enough for bikes standing upright, but likely large enough to lay on their side. And as expected, propane are 2 X 20-pound bottles. .

Old 01-19-2024, 12:48 PM   #82

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Thor video of 26.1 at Tampa RV Super Show. Itís a good floor plan, and looks nice with paint. I think it should do well, especially with large rear storage compartment and 3,000-pound OCCC.

Rear compartment doesnít appear nearly tall enough for bikes standing upright, but likely large enough to lay on their side. And as expected, propane are 2 X 20-pound bottles. .

Thanks for sharing!
Sharp rig.
I may have to upgrade
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 03:20 PM   #83

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
Some nice tweeks!
Old 01-19-2024, 04:06 PM   #84

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Curious what the "sale" price is?
Old 01-19-2024, 04:48 PM   #85
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Thor video of 26.1 at Tampa RV Super Show. Itís a good floor plan, and looks nice with paint. I think it should do well, especially with large rear storage compartment and 3,000-pound OCCC.

Rear compartment doesnít appear nearly tall enough for bikes standing upright, but likely large enough to lay on their side. And as expected, propane are 2 X 20-pound bottles. .

Different strokes for different folks. Two things we couldn't compromise on in this floorplan:

That skinny toilet area.
The queen bed (we like our king).

I'd also be concerned about heat/grease splatter from the griddle on the MH.
Also, black on top wil tax that A/C in the hot climates.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 07:57 PM   #86

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Curious what the "sale" price is?
155k I bet
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 01-19-2024, 11:09 PM   #87

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Different strokes for different folks. Two things we couldn't compromise on in this floorplan:

That skinny toilet area.
The queen bed (we like our king).

I'd also be concerned about heat/grease splatter from the griddle on the MH.
Also, black on top wil tax that A/C in the hot climates.
Great points. The toilet area doesnít look that skinny to me, but Iím not that wide so I guess itís all relative. Iíd have to sit there first before ruling out.

Same for bed. Queen is pretty standard at that size motorhome, though Iíd prefer the Twin/King design from 24.1 even better. With either design, I think Thor should elevate bed a bit to increase rear compartment height.

I hope griddle is an option because it would be first thing Iíd remove. I would not use it enough, and to your point, would prefer being away from MH if I used one at all. Another option would be to replace slides with longer travel.

Paint must be an option based on MSRP. Youíre right about black being warmer, and to be honest, at that +/- 27-foot size Iíd want two smaller air conditioners instead of a single 15,000 BTU/hour unit. I helped my son upgrade to 2X 9,500 units and it works great. One for bedroom and one for living area. Even though they are not that efficient, a single 9,500 can run on batteries for long time, and both can run from 4,000-Watt Onan at same time. The 24.1 and 26.1 floor plans lend themselves to Thor offering dual A/C options IMO.

What I see as potential problem for 26.1 is lack of ideal space/location to add significant lithium-battery capacity and large inverter (except for rear compartment). I bet most new owners would want to add lithium before long.
Old 01-19-2024, 11:12 PM   #88

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
155k I bet
MHSRV has them advertised around $135K. One unit is +/- $125K. MSRP is a bit higher than 24.1, so in same range overall.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:30 PM   #89

THOR #20220
Quote:
MHSRV has them advertised around $135K. One unit is +/- $125K. MSRP is a bit higher than 24.1, so in same range overall.
Here you ho
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240120_102543_Chrome.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	44812  
Old 01-20-2024, 10:13 PM   #90

THOR #2121
Thereís not much difference in costs between remaining floor plans, though specs are somewhat questionable as usual with new models, and that ďmayĒ affect MSRP.

24.1 = $170,850

25.7 = $173,850

26.1 = $175,350

As of today, Thor specs show new 26.1 built on E-350, but the unit revealed at Tampa has over 3,000 pounds of OCCC, which essentially means an E-450 chassis And E-450 chassis cost slightly more than E-350, so the $175,350 may or may not be correct.
Old 01-20-2024, 10:47 PM   #91

Model: 2022 Axis 24.1
State: Kansas
THOR #24565
MSRP has gone up about $15,000 per year the last few years.
Old 01-21-2024, 03:20 AM   #92
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Thereís not much difference in costs between remaining floor plans, though specs are somewhat questionable as usual with new models, and that ďmayĒ affect MSRP.

24.1 = $170,850

25.7 = $173,850

26.1 = $175,350

As of today, Thor specs show new 26.1 built on E-350, but the unit revealed at Tampa has over 3,000 pounds of OCCC, which essentially means an E-450 chassis And E-450 chassis cost slightly more than E-350, so the $175,350 may or may not be correct.
That's gotta be a typo.
Old 01-21-2024, 03:24 PM   #93

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
That's gotta be a typo.

Most likely, but I would double check before buying. Thor shows 12,500-pound GVWR (E-350) under both Axis and Vegas pages, so a typo would have been repeated; not that it is not possible.

The Vegas Blackjack Edition at the Tampa Super Show looks like an E-450 to me, but it could be an early prototype. The OCCC of 3,021 pounds certainly suggest itís an E-450.

The same unit on an E-350 would have an OCCC of approximately 1,150 pounds which would be very low but not unheard of from Thor or other manufacturers.

Perhaps production units will be a little lighter. I donít know how much weight paint adds, but between that, generator, and other improvements an E-350 may not be out of the question.

By the way, I looked at video again and it appears he doesnít extend griddle all the way out either time. There are two sets of slides, and I expect the griddle should move further away from motorhome wall; although it may still splash anyway. Like I said, extra storage and added access to compartment would be far more important to me than a griddle, so I wouldnít want it regardless.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2568.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	44816   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2567.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	44817  

Old 01-21-2024, 03:54 PM   #94
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Most likely, but I would double check before buying. Thor shows 12,500-pound GVWR (E-350) under both Axis and Vegas pages, so a typo would have been repeated; not that it is not possible.

The Vegas Blackjack Edition at the Tampa Super Show looks like an E-450 to me, but it could be an early prototype. The OCCC of 3,021 pounds certainly suggest itís an E-450.

The same unit on an E-350 would have an OCCC of approximately 1,150 pounds which would be very low but not unheard of from Thor or other manufacturers.

Perhaps production units will be a little lighter. I donít know how much weight paint adds, but between that, generator, and other improvements an E-350 may not be out of the question.

By the way, I looked at video again and it appears he doesnít extend griddle all the way out either time. There are two sets of slides, and I expect the griddle should move further away from motorhome wall; although it may still splash anyway. Like I said, extra storage and added access to compartment would be far more important to me than a griddle, so I wouldnít want it regardless.
Well, maybe "typo" is the wrong word. Maybe mis-information is the right application. Not the first time Thor has put out incorrect info on the website for new models. I guess time and a picture of the actual sticker will tell.

I agree the video did not show the griddle fully extended:

I've had RVs with both propane stives and grills hung off the side of the wall but in both of those cases there was a barrier between the cooking area and the wall and they could be moved to a picnic table if desired. Not sure if that griddle is easily removable. If I had that setup I'm sure I'd be fabbing up a splash/wind shield to use with it.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:24 PM   #95

Model: Vegas 24.1 Blackjack
THOR #4909
Quote:

The 2024 Vegaís 24.1 is built on the E-450 chassis. Check out the 06:40 minute mark on this video:

Old 03-28-2024, 04:47 AM   #96

Model: AXIS 25.3
State: California
THOR #20631
Got ours on Tuesday

Yes the Vegas 26.1 is on an E450 chassis with over 3000 cargo capacity. Yes the griddle is on very long slides to keep it away from the side wall. Suggestion to Thor: add a storage door to the right of the griddle that opens flat for a prep area.
No, it doesnít have 2 propane tanks. Has the same single 9.4 gallon tank that was on our 2018 Axis. Bigger tank would be better.
Radio is sooo much better than the Axxera.
Not wild about the shower in the hall and it needs a handle on the side wall; itís a big step up into the shower.
Selling points for us were the walk-around queen bed with built-in MagSafe phone chargers and great CPAP options. Also the recliner theater seats (would have been nice to be electric). Love the electric driverís seat.
Still wish the Axis/Vegas line had sewer hose storage in the bumper. Still donít like the Girard instant water heater but in some ways itís nice to set the temp and only use hot water. Weíll have to wait and see if we like the 12v refer. Also came with a 100w solar panel. The sewer door is still hinged on the bottom to aesthetically match the other doors but it hampers attaching the hose. I had it turned over on my Axis.
So far my only significant complaint is that Ford didnít include charge and brake wires to the 7pin connector (only lights and turn signals).

Finally price: found a number of 26.1s in the $140k range. Found 2 at $120k and got the only one in California at the time (that we could find online). There's another now for the same price.

Looking forward to a lot of fun camping.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4918.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	45664   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4920.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	45665  

Old 03-28-2024, 08:18 AM   #97

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Woods View Post
Yes the Vegas 26.1 is on an E450 chassis with over 3000 cargo capacity. Yes the griddle is on very long slides to keep it away from the side wall. Suggestion to Thor: add a storage door to the right of the griddle that opens flat for a prep area.
No, it doesnít have 2 propane tanks. Has the same single 9.4 gallon tank that was on our 2018 Axis. Bigger tank would be better.
Radio is sooo much better than the Axxera.
Not wild about the shower in the hall and it needs a handle on the side wall; itís a big step up into the shower.
Selling points for us were the walk-around queen bed with built-in MagSafe phone chargers and great CPAP options. Also the recliner theater seats (would have been nice to be electric). Love the electric driverís seat.
Still wish the Axis/Vegas line had sewer hose storage in the bumper. Still donít like the Girard instant water heater but in some ways itís nice to set the temp and only use hot water. Weíll have to wait and see if we like the 12v refer. Also came with a 100w solar panel. The sewer door is still hinged on the bottom to aesthetically match the other doors but it hampers attaching the hose. I had it turned over on my Axis.
So far my only significant complaint is that Ford didnít include charge and brake wires to the 7pin connector (only lights and turn signals).

Finally price: found a number of 26.1s in the $140k range. Found 2 at $120k and got the only one in California at the time (that we could find online). There's another now for the same price.

Looking forward to a lot of fun camping.
Wow congratulations
Thx for posting for us vegas fans
Old 03-28-2024, 04:48 PM   #98
MLP

THOR #17478
Congratulations on your new home away form home.
Old 04-01-2024, 10:35 PM   #99

THOR #10354
Good Luck. The MSRP's are a joke, just to entice customers when they get the real price. MSRP always seems to be 30% over the actual available prices.
Old 04-02-2024, 12:09 AM   #100

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Thor seem to have dropped the Axis/Vegas 25.6 and is now down to only two floorplans again; the original 24.1 and latest 24.3. These just happen to be the smallest, lightest, and lowest cost. Maybe coincidence?

Each time they have eliminated floorplans it preceded introduction of a new one. So whatís next for these unique Class A motorhomes, assuming the end is not near?

In what direction would you like to see Thor take the Axis/Vegas line?

Way to small for lurches like me! Ha