Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2022, 06:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5 / Keystone Mon
State: Arkansas
THOR #20441
2019 Vegas A/C - Thor Issue

22k miles on our 2019 25.5 (6.8l V10) and have been generally happy with the unit. I have fixed many things on it over the years which is not a huge deal. Last weekend we loaded up and headed out for a weekend of youth softball. Noticed the cab A/C was not blowing cold. As you Vegas / Axis folks know, the cab area gets rather warm with the heat from the engine. I wasn't sure why the A/C was not getting cold so I popped open the hood (not really a hood but you know what I'm talking about - I'm sure someone will correct me on my choice of words).

Quickly saw the problem. "Hood" arm rests on the A/C line and had caused damage to the line. This is not acceptable. During the upfitting or build of the Vegas on the E450 chassis there is clearly a issue how things line up. This unit has never been in an accident or any damage that would have altered the location of where the arm of the "hood" and the A/C components are.

Several years back I had A/C work done on our Ford Excursion and to replace a leaking line and the recharging of the system was over $1000.

Super disappointed to say the least. As I share this, maybe take a look at your own unit and address fitment before it is completely gone like ours. Maybe ours is an isolated incident. Also, I can do without the replies with the too bad, so sad or been there, done that response.
Attachment 39677Attachment 39678Attachment 39679
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221003_180834.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	39675   Click image for larger version

Name:	20221003_180929.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	39676