Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2018, 06:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.2
State: Maine
THOR #10924
Couple questions... first trippers here!

We drove from Maine to West Virginia and now that we are using our 2015 Vegas 24.2 for the first time, we have some questions if any more seasoned travelers can help some newbies out.
1.What is the best setting for the fridge? I've got frozen milk and carrots in the fridge but I don't want the freezer items to thaw up above. It seems weird that they are both controlled by one setting.
2. After a couple extendings and retractions, the awning won't go out. It seems to want to unroll, but it won't go out. Any suggestions?
3. Do I need to shut off the valve for the fresh water tank when we stop travelling and switch to a hookup? I know about the water pump shut off but I don't really understand about if it will back fill.
4. There is a pex water end/terminus under the bathroom sink. What is this for?
5. Is there a manual for the microwave/ convection oven?

We bought our Ruthie used with no manuals. We have learned a lot from the online one Mr. Felker provided, but that is for a 24.1 and there are some small differences.
Thank you!

Old 04-16-2018, 07:51 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynejs View Post
We drove from Maine to West Virginia and now that we are using our 2015 Vegas 24.2 for the first time, we have some questions if any more seasoned travelers can help some newbies out.
1.What is the best setting for the fridge? I've got frozen milk and carrots in the fridge but I don't want the freezer items to thaw up above. It seems weird that they are both controlled by one setting.
2. After a couple extendings and retractions, the awning won't go out. It seems to want to unroll, but it won't go out. Any suggestions?
3. Do I need to shut off the valve for the fresh water tank when we stop travelling and switch to a hookup? I know about the water pump shut off but I don't really understand about if it will back fill.
4. There is a pex water end/terminus under the bathroom sink. What is this for?
5. Is there a manual for the microwave/ convection oven?

We bought our Ruthie used with no manuals. We have learned a lot from the online one Mr. Felker provided, but that is for a 24.1 and there are some small differences.
Thank you!
1. You should be able to find a setting that will keep the freezer cold enough and not freeze the stuff in the refrigerator.
2. There are many different awnings, can't help you there.
3. You should be able to hookup the site water and not worry about backfilling the water tank. There should be a one way valve in there.
4. Don't know anything about a pex waterend/terminus.
5. I am sure a manual exists but there are several brands. Try looking at the website for the brand you have.

Hope you work out the bugs.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:36 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4816
jaynejs, I've had my awning act the same way a couple of times. When it starts unrolling, but the awning arms don't go out, I just give the arms a pull and that gets them started; once started, it rolled out fine with no further assistance. After that happened, I sprayed a little silicone lubricant on the joints of the awning and that seemed to cure the problem.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Down Load Ed's Manual from the sticky here. Look under Tech area
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:18 AM   #5

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
No worries about the water. Suggest you clean out the filter at the outlet of the 12v water pump, if you haven't done that. I usually travel with only a little water, then fill the tank about half, just in case the campground supply has a problem. (Learned by experience.)

A picture of that water fitting in question will help. Someone here will be able to explain the function.

You should be able to find a manual for the micro from the manufacturer's web site. The specific manual for your 24.2 doesn't exist. The coach was delivered to the original purchaser with a generic manual that is of little value. The good news is you found this forum!
Old 04-24-2018, 12:23 PM   #6

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Regarding the awning, I had the same problem with my previous TT...it seemed like it powered up but would not extend. What had happened...when I last retracted it, I hit the wrong button. If you hold the extend button too long, it will actually continue to rotate, but will retract in the opposite direction and "reverse roll" the awning. Then you have to use the retract button to extend it. Weird, but it's true. Buy a little cheap fridge thermometer and monitor the temp over a few days. you'll find the right adjustment. Beer should be 32.1 degrees.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #7

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Regarding the awning, I had the same problem with my previous TT...it seemed like it powered up but would not extend. What had happened...when I last retracted it, I hit the wrong button. If you hold the extend button too long, it will actually continue to rotate, but will retract in the opposite direction and "reverse roll" the awning. Then you have to use the retract button to extend it. Weird, but it's true. Buy a little cheap fridge thermometer and monitor the temp over a few days. you'll find the right adjustment. Beer should be 32.1 degrees.
What you said, I did the same thing. But, the Rum works just fine in the freezer!!
Old 04-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #8

THOR #11130
Captain Morgan, Private Stock...or in a pinch Kraken Black 94 will do.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Since I'm in the middle of an Accident Prevention Course: Please save the adult beverages for after the rig is parked...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:48 PM   #10

THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Captain Morgan, Private Stock...or in a pinch Kraken Black 94 will do.
Right on! Pyrat is a fav of mine! But, too pricey for daily/semi-daily rum-n-coke.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #11

THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Since I'm in the middle of an Accident Prevention Course: Please save the adult beverages for after the rig is parked...
That's a given!
Old 04-24-2018, 02:14 PM   #12

THOR #11130
Good reason there's not a single cup holder in the cab of my 35SF. They saw me coming and removed them. Now the wife has to hold my drink when I'm turning.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:34 PM   #13

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Your fridge also has a small plastic piece (thermistor) on the fins usually on the upper left side, be sure it's not fallen off, by having frozen milk it sounds like it has. The thermistor is like the thermostat for the fridge. If it hasn't fallen off, look up your brand/model fridge online to find out which way to move, up/down right/left, the thermistor to adjust the temp.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote