Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2016, 04:45 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Why Dream Dinette for 2017?

Anyone know why Thor switched from the U-shaped dinette to the Dream Dinette for 2017? I'm thinking that the U-shaped dinette would be better for the 3 of us to sit at for board games, eating, watching TV, etc. I've also heard of a number of reliability/durability issues with the dream dinette. However, we want to buy a new 2017 Chateau, and it comes with the dream dinette.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:02 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
I for one prefer the dream dinette. In my last motorhome, 33 foot Leprechaun, we had the U-shaped dinette, which I wanted and thought it would be good for the three of us. My son is 11 now, but he was 9 when we bought it. It actually didn't have as much room as I thought once we all sat down to eat. We were actually kinda cramped. The dream dinette in my new Challenger has so much more room. On the last trip, we had my wife sitting with our son and two friends at the table and they all had room. No one complained about being "Squished".
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:27 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
Anyone know why Thor switched from the U-shaped dinette to the Dream Dinette for 2017? .....cut......

Not specifically, but it appears from comments made by Thor CEO to Forbes during a recent interview, that they look for feedback from dealers, who they appear to view as their primary customers, and also customers at shows.

I'd guess it's that or that it lowers cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes Interview
We will; we’ll change caps, we’ll change extra colors, graphics, interior, fabrics, cabinets. If the trend is moving one way, we can move right with the trend and we do. We look at homes; we look at automotive, but we really get a lot of feedback from our customers being our dealers and our customers at shows.

If interested in entire article, I posted about it in this thread.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...ends-5571.html