Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2022, 04:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 37LS
State: Georgia
THOR #20610
Window Issues, Repairs, Replacement 2014 Thor Outlaw

Need Help with Window repair and replacement. 2014 Thor Outlaw 37LS
Short Version:
1) what do you use to "re-glue" the window glass to the plastic (both smooth) railing on the mechanism used to open and close (and hold closed) the windows?
2) Any advice/guidance/help replacing a framed window set (i.e. can I do it myself or take to a dealer)?

Long Version:
Issue 1: the windows in the 37LS are framed sets. The pane is attached and hinged at the top and is opened/closed by turning a knob. The window opens out at the bottom (max 4-6 inches). The plastic piece that is attached to the pane comes "un-glued". What do you use to "re-glue" the smooth plastic rail to the smooth glass pane?
Issue 2: Due to issue 1 above while driving in a strong wind the window pane was literally ripped off and gone. I now need to replace the 5 foot window set. Anyone have any insight/advice/input/thoughts.? Can I do it myself - YouTube makes it look simple if you have the correct window to fit the Rough Opening. Where can I get the replacement (don't care if original or third party as long as fits, etc.)?

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance for your help!
Steve

Old 11-18-2022, 04:53 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePrather View Post
Need Help with Window repair and replacement. 2014 Thor Outlaw 37LS
Short Version:
1) what do you use to "re-glue" the window glass to the plastic (both smooth) railing on the mechanism used to open and close (and hold closed) the windows?
2) Any advice/guidance/help replacing a framed window set (i.e. can I do it myself or take to a dealer)?

Long Version:
Issue 1: the windows in the 37LS are framed sets. The pane is attached and hinged at the top and is opened/closed by turning a knob. The window opens out at the bottom (max 4-6 inches). The plastic piece that is attached to the pane comes "un-glued". What do you use to "re-glue" the smooth plastic rail to the smooth glass pane?
Issue 2: Due to issue 1 above while driving in a strong wind the window pane was literally ripped off and gone. I now need to replace the 5 foot window set. Anyone have any insight/advice/input/thoughts.? Can I do it myself - YouTube makes it look simple if you have the correct window to fit the Rough Opening. Where can I get the replacement (don't care if original or third party as long as fits, etc.)?

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance for your help!
Steve
Look on another window for the manufacturer. The likely are Lippert, LCI, and will have that info on a bottom corner. Call them for a replacement. They may indicate that windows come from Guardian for example and some of them only sell to dealers. I had a previous 5th wheel, Grand Design Solitude that a window shattered. The supplier gave me the name of a dealer that discounted the window pricing and was responsive. Bottom line an Oregon dealer sent the window to me in Alabama for less that a local one would sell it.

EDIT adding. for gluing try a glue used to reattach a rear view mirror.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outlaw 37ls, window replacement, windows