Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2019, 02:01 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12484
Axis/Vegas 2018 windshield wipers. Has anyone come up with a solution for the wiper issue besides rain-x? Ran into that rain heading to the gulf 3 days ago. We need another few inches of travel on the DS. LWR, come up with anything?

2002 National See Breeze 1341
mstng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:46 PM   #42

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
not really. I moved my arm up about 4 inches. Looks a little funny (to me) since its not level when off but it covers a little more in my field of vision when on. I just cock my head to the right so both eyes can see out a clear windows. When I stop I alway clean the entire windshield to get rid of road grim and lots of rainX!

Its like it needs one more inch of linkage to push the DS that much further.

Or have a double Jointed wiper arm.

I had an old 1982 Toyota Supra that had a long DS wiper blade and a short PS blade. It had an rod that attached to the DS arm that made it sweep over like 4 or 5 inches further (all way even with the A piller). When off the wipers tucked down neatly at the bottom of the windshield out of the way.

I which someone made a generic wiper arm like that ... plus had mulit points to adjust it and make it work for multi RV's.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #43

THOR #12231
Perhaps something like this can be modified?

I think the extra arm gets bolt down so when it get to the end of the stroke it pivots the other end of the wiper a few inches?

Or something like that.

I seen stuff like this on cars off and on over the years but never looked at RV wipers. Perhaps a Bus wiper will work too?

https://www.zoro.com/autotex-wiper-a...sFpw&gclsrc=ds
https://www.zoro.com/autotex-adjusta...UKQQ&gclsrc=ds
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Old 07-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #44

Model: Vegas 2018 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #12484
Ok Thanks.. I knew if there was a existing fix you would know about it. Going to move it up a little and see if another inch or 2 will help.
2002 National See Breeze 1341
mstng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 06:55 PM   #45

THOR #12231
Well I been looking and thinking about it. Luckliy I have only driven in an all day rain like twice in two years. Most of the time its just be spotty so it didnt drive me too crazy.

I just asked GMtech to help us. Maybe he has some ideas.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:02 PM   #46

Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenmike View Post
We’re not asking for the world here, we are asking for windshield wipers to work on a vehicle that cost a enormous amount of money. If this isn’t a safety issue, where someone could get killed, I don’t know what it is.
Submit a report to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. safercar.gov
You'll be issued a file number for reference. This also gives you a Official record of your issue that can't be mysteriously Misplaced by the Manufacturers or Dealerships. Also keep a record of all communication with Thor and anyone preforming work on your wipers, if God Forbid you have a Accident due to the wipers it will be invaluable in a LAW SUIT Against Thor, and their Vendors.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:43 PM   #47

THOR #12231
I should.... but it sounds like too much work for me. I already work 50 to 60 hours a week as it is.

I will just stick my head out the window. Sounds much safer.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:49 AM   #48

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
NTSA screw up

So I took the five minutes to file the complaint, was issued a number and clicked the Print button...oops! that number is for a Ford F150 with brake issues. Will have to try again.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:53 PM   #49

State: Minnesota
THOR #16833
We have been having the same issues that everyone else has been reporting with the wipers getting hung up. The first three times involved the wipers hanging. The most recent incident actually broke the drivers side linkage arm.

Of course Murphy's Law applied here as we were on the Interstate in a construction zone at night, single lane traffic with no shoulder, during a severe storm when this happened. Thank God for Rain-X!

Per Thor, I contacted several dealers to have the system repaired. Everyone was several months out on appoints, but would make one for me, until...... Once I told them what it was for, they would say they don't work on Thor wiper systems anymore. After several dealers told me the same thing, I pressed one for an answer as to why. Not surprisingly, it was for liability reasons. The service advisor told me that there was too much liability exposure on the Thor wipers and they were told by management not to work on them.

Good luck to everyone having this problem as a solution does not appear to be in the works.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:03 PM   #50

Model: 24.1 Axis
State: Minnesota
THOR #15131
I know that this is an old post but I just got on. My "new to me" 2016 Axis 24.1 has the wiper problem but mine change from one position too short to altogether too long and going over the A post. I went through some pretty heavy rain and never did figure out why it came up short on some of the passes and too far on the others. Looks like a bad design. Talked to a friend with a 2005 Bounder and he has the same problem. Must have been an intern engineer from a school that designed these things. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. :-)
Old 07-01-2022, 12:25 AM   #51

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: British Columbia
THOR #25206
Wiper solution

I know this is an old thread but had checked things out today.

I was able to adjust my driver's side wiper up approximately 2 inches at the passenger side of the wiper (right side you see from the drivers seat). So this gave me a little more coverage and wipers did not hit. I have not tested it on the road yet in the rain.

If this does not give me enough coverage I was thinking of shortening the blade length which would allow me (I think) to adjust it even higher up the window to sweep more to the outside and cover more of the window improving my visual.

Hope this makes sense.