Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2016, 11:37 PM   #61

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Super D. Probably not a problem since his mh is brand new. Mine came off without a problem

Jerry

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Dino, be sure and have a can of penetrating oil handy in case your bolts are frozen up like mine were. Did a lot of squirtin and cussin before I got everything loose!
Okiedokie!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #63

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Super D. Probably not a problem since his mh is brand new. Mine came off without a problem

Jerry

Old 12-21-2016, 08:27 PM   #64

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
My coach was band new too, only had it about 6 weeks. It must have sat out in the weather, who know! The front was easy, the back was a bugger! Both of the Z bolts were frozen on the sway bar end of the link. The upper end of the link was frozen on the chassis stud and wouldn't swivel. I spent more time getting everything loose than I did anything! Dino, just wanted you to be prepared, just in case!!!
Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 PM   #65

THOR #2757
Thumbs up

Quote:
My coach was band new too, only had it about 6 weeks. It must have sat out in the weather, who know! The front was easy, the back was a bugger! Both of the Z bolts were frozen on the sway bar end of the link. The upper end of the link was frozen on the chassis stud and wouldn't swivel. I spent more time getting everything loose than I did anything! Dino, just wanted you to be prepared, just in case!!!
Thanks SuperD...it was a bugger bear but I got it done without scrapping my knuckles too much...next mod is to change out the bathroom vent and the living room vent with the MaxxAir powered vent with remote control. Looks like I may have to wait until spring!

Old 12-21-2016, 11:50 PM   #66

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Thanks SuperD...it was a bugger bear but I got it done without scrapping my knuckles too much...next mod is to change out the bathroom vent and the living room vent with the MaxxAir powered vent with remote control. Looks like I may have to wait until spring!
Lol, I've been thinking about doing the same thing! I added a cover over the front roof vent and have one for the bathroom but haven't installed it yet. I think some of my projects will have to wait for spring too.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:59 AM   #67

THOR #3156
SuperD
Sorry for some reason I thought you had an older mh. After making my post I checked and saw yours is a 2017. I post most of the time from my phone and it limits what I can do.

Jerrt
FMCA # F464385
Old 12-22-2016, 02:55 AM   #68

THOR #5196
I had to quit doing email and other stuff on my phone, eyes are getting old and fonts are to small, so I understand. Unfortunately! Don't know why mine links were frozen up so tight, didn't see any signs of rust or corrosion. Who knows?
Old 12-22-2016, 03:03 AM   #69

THOR #2757
Quote:
I had to quit doing email and other stuff on my phone, eyes are getting old and fonts are to small, so I understand. Unfortunately! Don't know why mine links were frozen up so tight, didn't see any signs of rust or corrosion. Who knows?
Your rig may be classified as a 2017 but she may have an older chassis than what was advertised...js

Old 12-22-2016, 03:06 AM   #70

THOR #5196
My chassis is a 2016, yours probably is the same. Chassis is usually 1 year behind.
Old 12-22-2016, 03:41 AM   #71

THOR #3156
Quote:
I had to quit doing email and other stuff on my phone, eyes are getting old and fonts are to small, so I understand. Unfortunately!

I'm in the same boat as you my friend.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 12-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #72

THOR #2757
Quote:
My chassis is a 2016, yours probably is the same. Chassis is usually 1 year behind.

Old 04-01-2017, 06:54 PM   #73

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Florida
THOR #5065
Smile New Windsport 29m Owner

Just upgraded to a 2017 Windsport 29m from a 2016 Hurricane 27k. Just too many new features, conveniences, and comfort to pass up. Since we got such a good deal last year on the 27k, we actually more on trade in that what we paid.

The big features that drew us was the 6 speed tran, 2 AC units, triple support slide that is 6 inches wider, 50 amps, 5500 gen, outdoor kitchen, sofa and separate dinette, MaxAir Fan above Kitchen (no more smoke alarms going off), keeping the king bed, better interior storage, Propane connection for BBQ, Front Windshield power shade...well, you get the picture.

Will have a shakedown run before the long summer excursion. Looking forward to the trip!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 07:03 PM   #74

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhstache2 View Post
Just upgraded to a 2017 Windsport 29m from a 2016 Hurricane 27k. Just too many new features, conveniences, and comfort to pass up. Since we got such a good deal last year on the 27k, we actually more on trade in that what we paid.

The big features that drew us was the 6 speed tran, 2 AC units, triple support slide that is 6 inches wider, 50 amps, 5500 gen, outdoor kitchen, sofa and separate dinette, MaxAir Fan above Kitchen (no more smoke alarms going off), keeping the king bed, better interior storage, Propane connection for BBQ, Front Windshield power shade...well, you get the picture.

Will have a shakedown run before the long summer excursion. Looking forward to the trip!!!
Congratulations!!! Jerry, Dino, and I LOVE the 29M!!!

Be sure to do the CHF front and rear, makes a HUGE difference in how the coach drives!!! Front end alignment would be good too, make sure the coach is loaded like it would be for traveling.

In the modifications sections section of the Thor forum there is a thread, Jerry's Hurricane mods, great bunch of ideas for improvements.

Hope you enjoy your coach and have a lot of fun!!!
Old 04-01-2017, 10:53 PM   #75

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhstache2 View Post

Well done!! Enjoy!!

Old 09-07-2017, 03:32 AM   #76

THOR #9109
Cool

We just took a trip from Huntsville TX to Yellowstone. Our 2017 29M did well. We have a couple of warranty issues that I will have fixed. Cameras have a loose connection in the dash so on and off with road bumps. Very aggravating. Heat is not well balanced. 80% to bedroom and front is chilly.

Towed a Honda Fit. Average mileage a little over 8 mpg. I drove 65 mph when not in the mountains I found RV performed best if operated in the tow/haul mode especially in the mountains. This is selected with the button at the end of the gear shit lever.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #77

THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLane View Post
We just took a trip from Huntsville TX to Yellowstone. Our 2017 29M did well. We have a couple of warranty issues that I will have fixed. Cameras have a loose connection in the dash so on and off with road bumps. Very aggravating. Heat is not well balanced. 80% to bedroom and front is chilly.

Towed a Honda Fit. Average mileage a little over 8 mpg. I drove 65 mph when not in the mountains I found RV performed best if operated in the tow/haul mode especially in the mountains. This is selected with the button at the end of the gear shit lever.
Hello Bob...If you want to get a leg up on some fantastic mods for your Windsport, look up Jerry's Hurricane mods...a good friend of mine created this forum and there are tons of DIY mods, one of them covers controlling the heat in the bedroom by changing the vent to one that closes therefore forcing the heated air to the front of the coach. There are hundreds of other mods too. I suggest also that you join Amazon Prime.

Good luck and have fun, fun, fun!!!!!

Old 09-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #78

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidabailey View Post
We purchased our 29M Feb of this year and have put 4500 miles on it. About half of it, pulling a Malibu on a tow dolly. It has been surprising good on gas. Overall, we are averaging 13.4 MPG. We had a 31' ArticFox TT that we pulled with a 2500 (8.1) Avalanche and averaged 8.5 MPG. I only was hoping to get close to 10 MPG with the Windsport. So we are real pleased with our purchase.

So far our worst problem were the kitchen sink not draining, the drivers seat almost falling over and the passenger side wiper hanging up. All were fixed by the dealer (General RV in Tampa).

Waiting on a new radio now - wife fell when I stopped and broke the radio.

Am researching TPMS's now to purchase before our next big trip towing the car.

Anyone done any mods on theirs?

Hope everyone is enjoying their 29M's as much as we are.
13.4 MPG ?????
Old 09-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #79

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
13.4 MPG ?????
Wow!!! 13.4 mpg???? With the Ford V10?? You must have had a lot of tail winds while going down hill. That engine should be in a Ford museum.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:49 PM   #80

State: Colorado
THOR #5477
Hm? With a tail wind of about 50. LOL